Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 8,391 times

Advertisements

My wife and I may be relocating to New Jersey from the southeast. We started looking for areas within 30 minutes from Voorhees to rent a house or apartment. We are looking for a safe and nice area close to restaurants,shops and trasportation preferably north and closer to New York City.

We would like to get come suggestions. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 01:59 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
Burlington County - Mount Laurel, Lumberton, Hainesport, Moorestown. Communities close to 295 and the turnpike. If you go farther north to places like Florence, Chesterfield, Springfield, Columbus, there won't be much going on.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:54 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
If you want a nice apartment complex to rent while you look to purchase a home try the apartments off Rt 70.

Sorry, I forgot the name but I used to live there when they were new in 92 on my first transfer. They are secluded and nice.
Best way is to go to the intersection of 73 and head left on 70 east. Just before the Medford City limits you will see them on your right.

Right up the road as you cross Medford you have the Medford Diner (great breakfast) and Teratella! The best Italian Restaurant in New Jersey!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:55 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Burlington County - Mount Laurel, Lumberton, Hainesport, Moorestown. Communities close to 295 and the turnpike. If you go farther north to places like Florence, Chesterfield, Springfield, Columbus, there won't be much going on.
Excellent suggestions!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 8,391 times
Thanks for your help.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:50 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Evesham or Marlton in Burlington county

Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 AM

8 posts, read 18,311 times
Try out Delran, houses on Creek Rd. are beautiful out there. I drive the long stretch of Creek Rd. off of exit 43 of 295 and it's always s pleasant place to pass through.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 AM

250 posts, read 905,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asant59 View Post
My wife and I may be relocating to New Jersey from the southeast. We started looking for areas within 30 minutes from Voorhees to rent a house or apartment. We are looking for a safe and nice area close to restaurants,shops and trasportation preferably north and closer to New York City.

We would like to get come suggestions. Thanks.
There are some nice new apartments being leased in Voorhees itself, in the Voorhees Town Center, so Voorhees may be quite ideal itself.

There is a Macy's/Boscov's mall, a foodcourt, Camden County library that are all walkable, PATCO is very close, and some other things closeby or in neighboring towns. Decent schools.

Other viable options as mentioned are Mt.Laurel, Marlton and Cherry Hill and towns around those, but in all, you'd still be looking at some distance to NYC, from NJ Turnpike (Exit 4).

Greyhound is in Mt.Laurel,

Boltbus stops by Cherry Hill Mall (west Cherry Hill) area, in front of the luxury apartments on Route 38 across the mall,

and NJ Transit's RiverLine (which connects to trains to NY) runs through the Pennsauken and the west side of Burlington County, and connects to the PATCO line- PATCO which runs through Voorhees (Ashland)

For the fastest way into NYC, take a direct bus either Greyhound or Boltbus.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:44 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
I think the easiest way to get to NYC from South Jersey is the Hamilton train station off 295 north. There is ample parking and no traffic getting to the station. Since the OP desires a town north within 30 minutes of Voorhees, I think Burlington County is the best bet. The station is less than 30 minutes from BC.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:46 AM

250 posts, read 905,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
I think the easiest way to get to NYC from South Jersey is the Hamilton train station off 295 north. There is ample parking and no traffic getting to the station. Since the OP desires a town north within 30 minutes of Voorhees, I think Burlington County is the best bet. The station is less than 30 minutes from BC.
Depends where in BC. Going up by Exit 5/6 areas of Turnpike, you lose a lot in terms of everything else imo.

Hamilton is useful, but its ample parking isn't free.
Boltbus from Cherry Hill is cheaper, and no stops from Cherry Hill to New York, except for stop-and-go from the Turnpike traffic, and tunnel in NY.
NJ Transit however is more reliable than Greyhound. Can't comment on Boltbus specifically.

Last edited by subwayfan; 07-06-2009 at 09:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia