U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-17-2009, 04:13 PM

6 posts, read 9,512 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I found a great house we want to buy in the Northwoods section of Cherry Hill, just off the frontage road near 295, north of route 70. It seems that a lot of these houses are falling apart and no one was walking around. Where were the kids playing??

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Cecil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 06:56 PM

1,235 posts, read 2,386,875 times
I don't know the area, but if a neighborhood feels weird, think twice and then think again before buying there.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 PM

250 posts, read 578,698 times
I can't comment specifically on that neighborhood, but I think the Woodcrest side of Cherry Hill is nicer, and areas by the Cherry high school east by Voorhees and all the synagogues. I think ppl there are more involved in the upkeep, whereas someother subdivisions are more transient. I know a number of Asians that won't spend on the house (perhaps they're not as well off) but they are there for the kids/ school.

This is for the east side of town. West: I'm thinking similar, better away from Route 38/70 Pennsauken, the better.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:55 PM

7,628 posts, read 8,166,515 times
Maybe it's because the house is close to I295 and Rt 70. Houses very near busy highways don't always hold their value. Did you drive around the neighborhood? I cut through that neighborhood once in a while and it looks OK to me. Some houses aren't as well kept as others; some streets look better than others...a little bit of keeping up with the neighbors.

Where were the kids? At what time of day did you tour the house? Maybe they were at day camp because Mom and Dad were at work. Perhaps Mom took them to the zoo or it was really hot outside and they were playing video games, swimming in the backyard pool.

If many of the properties on that particular street don't look well cared for, I'd move on, keep looking.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:11 AM

57 posts, read 171,502 times
This area cover the Kingston developement (I think Northwoods is a small sectiion of this). This area has a lot of homes for sale right now. It's an OK neighborhood but like you noticed some houses are kept up and some are not. We recently bought a home for fix up and resell and checked out this area. We decided other areas of Cherry Hill have better value.

Check out Barclay on the other side of Rt. 70. Much nicer homes.

Anne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia