Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:40 AM

691 posts, read 3,060,980 times

Advertisements

NJ Transit NE Corridor - New Brunswick to Trenton

NJ Transit River Line - Trenton to Camden

PATCO - Camden to Ashland station in Voorhees.

Not sure how long it would take but it'll get you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 12:07 PM

8 posts, read 30,490 times
So I know how to get to Trenton. Now I have to find out what to do at Trenton...can I stay at the same train station and take a train to the Cherry Hill area?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 PM

Oh thanks Jerzboy. Didn't see that post until after I posted. That sounds about right to me. I'll do some more research on prices and times the next few days. Friday is the day I have to go. And I can bring a bag correct? I was thinking of bringing one of those like sports bags. I'll fill it with dirty laundry and my laptop basically. Would it be safe to use my laptop on the trains? I'm a big man but I've never used public transportation and I'm not bigger than a gun O.O!! I have internet access from my phone so the laptop would really pass the time well.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:02 PM

250 posts, read 905,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzBoy View Post
NJ Transit NE Corridor - New Brunswick to Trenton

NJ Transit River Line - Trenton to Camden

PATCO - Camden to Ashland station in Voorhees.

Not sure how long it would take but it'll get you there.
It'll take a ridiculously long time, with the periods between waiting for a trains, and the # of stops (altogether). One would do it once, and then write off public transportation and never take the route again. [However, it's not as dumb of a route as the DRPA pushing for a Gloucester county light rail anticipating people in Cherry Hill would take PATCO to Camden, then the light rail to Rowan, when driving is actually far more direct]

Unlike Newark and Trenton transit centers, Broadway Camden is an unpleasant place to be boarding on/off or waiting around. Once the weather gets cold its unpleasant standing outside waiting for the RiverLine light rail in Trenton or Camden, or being in any small train car where the door opens wide (and the draft enters) x15 times for all the stops it makes.

In general, it's better for the person to get picked up from Hamilton since the OP has to be picked up anyways.

I-295 is a direct path between Hamilton and Cherry Hill/Voorhees. With a cell phone, the OP can even call the person picking him/her up to let him/her know the ETA at the train station.

The main benefit of taking the RiverLine is the free and close parking, esp. if one had to park there to head up to NYC or EWR. The RiverLine rt fare is cheaper than the parking cost at Hamilton. Otherwise, in most cases, it's better both parties to head up to Hamilton.

Last edited by subwayfan; 09-01-2009 at 01:18 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 01:35 PM

How far is Hamilton from Cherry Hill?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:53 PM

250 posts, read 905,720 times
Approximately 30 miles north on I-295. Exit 65B.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:07 AM

691 posts, read 3,060,980 times
Agree - if someone is willing to drive 30-40min to pick you up than Hamilton station would be your best bet.

If not you're stuck taking the route I mentioned above.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:17 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,588,795 times
You can go to the NJ Transit website and select trip planner and that will coordinate trains, buses, etc. A little buggy selecting destinations but it does work.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:40 PM

19 posts, read 41,987 times
Take the NJ transit train to Trenton, then take the train to the 30th street station in Philadelphia, from there you can take the AC line train right into Cherry Hill.

Another option would be to take the greyhound to Mt. Laurel

Old 09-03-2009, 08:07 PM

I'm trying to use that trip planned but I can't find the train station at Rutgers WTF. Please help because I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia