Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:19 PM

12 posts, read 69,006 times

Advertisements

My drop dead gorgeous home will be going up on the mls next week. Here is a website I created for it Location & Pictures (broken link)
Plus you will not have to drive through no ghetto to get to it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 07:20 AM

222 posts, read 1,025,690 times
Your house is beautiful, a bit out of my price range though. The taxes... yikes!!!

Question - if williamstown is so great, may I ask why are you "Very eager to sell and relocate" ?

Old 06-02-2007, 01:13 PM

29 posts, read 140,909 times
My family and I will be moving to Williamstown in the next couple of weeks, (closed on house yesterday) we're waiting for our kids to finish out the school year.

KRUSHER we purchased our house on Renoir....what a coincidence. Riding through Main Street and Blue Bell never bothered me. I guess because I was familiar with the area. Let me know if you decide to purchase on Renoir, we will literally be neighbors :-)

MAHANICA your home is really nice...our family member are looking to move to Williamstown, I'll pass your house info on to them.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
Your house is beautiful, a bit out of my price range though. The taxes... yikes!!!

Question - if williamstown is so great, may I ask why are you "Very eager to sell and relocate" ?
My husband works in Lakehurst (ocean county). I fell in love with my house and had the poor guy commuting 3 hrs / 100 miles a day for the last 5 years.
I think its time to move.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 AM

79 posts, read 498,624 times
Mahanica- your home is beautiful....I am actually looking to buy and will be showing this to my hubby
I wanted to know what area is your home located? What school will the children attend?
I live in Washington township and homes here are expensive and you don't get your money worth.
I like Williamstown-the town is nice and everything is close by...

Old 06-04-2007, 12:01 PM

12 posts, read 41,333 times
Default williamstown

williamstown, as with many towns in South Jersey, has its good spots and "bad" spots. as a former glassboro resident of 7 years, who also lived in deptford for 18 years, it is quite common that there is a good part of town and a bad part of town. so many towns in SJ have new devlopments and upper middle class residents, while there is a side of town that is lower class and not the best place to live. i also lived in clayton in a gorgeous development near Sctoland Run Golf Club, but a mile away was the "projects." And, if you saw the main street, you would die. williamstown is a lot like Clayton in that resect. it has some gorgeous new housing developments, but the main street and older areas are not so pretty. as far as schooling, you'd be better off sending your children to private school, as you will have riff-raff students along with the higher-echelon students.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown29 View Post
Mahanica- your home is beautiful....I am actually looking to buy and will be showing this to my hubby
I wanted to know what area is your home located? What school will the children attend?
I live in Washington township and homes here are expensive and you don't get your money worth.
I like Williamstown-the town is nice and everything is close by...
Thank you. That is great that you will consider moving out of W.Twp. In all reality we are only one light away from Washington Twp and their "higher" taxes.
I believe the elementary school is Holly Glen. The elementary school is rated quite high. For private schools, St. Marys on Main st is very highly praised.
Thanks
Check my home website again - I put a lot of detail in today. Location & Pictures

Old 08-10-2007, 02:03 PM

5 posts, read 27,164 times
I agree! I live in Sicklerville, which is very close to Williamstown and I don't think you were in Williamstown. The schools are nice academic schools and very sports oriented. The area is rural. I plan to move there in another year or so.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,562 times
thats really weird since the Police station is on Blue bell and the ambulance hall is about 300 ft from the police station. IDK what you consider rough, but Williamstown is nowhere near what I'd consider ghetto or even a crappy town. I lived there most of my life (I'm 25) and to this day I wouldn't think twice about walking down the street in the middle of the night if I had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
the south main street area seemed pretty rough. And blue bell road seemed not so nice either, groups of big dudes walking down the middle of the street in the middle of the day. I find that odd.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:27 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixMelissa View Post
thats really weird since the Police station is on Blue bell and the ambulance hall is about 300 ft from the police station. IDK what you consider rough, but Williamstown is nowhere near what I'd consider ghetto or even a crappy town. I lived there most of my life (I'm 25) and to this day I wouldn't think twice about walking down the street in the middle of the night if I had to.
I'm sure you must have missed it, but this thread is almost 4 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia