U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 10:57 AM

4 posts, read 17,837 times

Advertisements

Does anyone travel from Pemberton NJ to NYC , if so how , Any public transport , or do you travel in NJTP and then go upto a certain point and hop on to a BUS? . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If you are already travelling , please let me know how long it takes ..

Thank you
Joseph George
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 12:34 PM

1,346 posts, read 1,836,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgey18 View Post
Does anyone travel from Pemberton NJ to NYC , if so how , Any public transport , or do you travel in NJTP and then go upto a certain point and hop on to a BUS? . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If you are already travelling , please let me know how long it takes ..

Thank you
Joseph George
it's such a ridiculous commute that I'd bet you'll have a hard time finding anyone who does it

Old 06-01-2007, 01:53 PM

4 posts, read 17,837 times
Thanks Kort , just wanted to know about it!
Thank you again

Old 06-01-2007, 03:51 PM

179 posts, read 743,058 times
The people I have met who live in Pemberton for the most part work at Ft. Dix, McGuire AFB, Deborah Hospital, the prison or the college. I have never met anyone that commutes to NYC - if I did, I would think they were in need of serious help!

Last edited by jersey2nm; 06-01-2007 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: shouldn't have said that - don't want to offend anyone

Old 06-02-2007, 02:09 PM

70 posts, read 240,033 times
That's a very long commute, I live in Pemberton/Browns Mills area, and my family lives in NYC, and I don't take the trip but probably once a month. It is at least a 2 1/2 hours drive and that's without heavy traffic and doing 80mph And to take the train to NYC I have to go to Trenton Train station which is 40 min away from me before I could even get on the train and then it's another hour and a half ride to Penn Station depends when the train feels like coming, your better off finding a job near Pemberton or moving to North Jersey or even a job in Phillidelphia is more feasible. Especially with Gas Prices nowadays. And no there is no reliable public transportation down here which is one of the reasons north and south jersey is so different. And yes I'm one of the special ones who works on McGuire AFB, been my workhome for 6 years

Last edited by NorthFace&Timbs; 06-02-2007 at 02:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia