U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 02:39 AM

34 posts, read 69,565 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me where the busiest main streets are in CH? Like where the most traffic is, and where not to purchase a home because of the main or 2 way type streets?

Last edited by Valawny; 02-28-2010 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 05:06 AM

710 posts, read 2,145,101 times
On the west side of Cherry Hill: Haddonfield Road, Kings Highway (Route 41), Route 70, Route 38, Chapel Avenue, Brace Road, Church Road...I am sure I will think of more.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 AM

Default Sassy

Thank you, what about the east side?

Old 02-28-2010, 10:40 AM

19,359 posts, read 18,503,827 times
Berlin Rd., Kresson Rd. Look at Google Maps. All of the roads which are shaded yellow have the heaviest traffic.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:44 AM

877 posts, read 2,239,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valawny View Post
Thank you, what about the east side?
Well Haddonfield-Berlin Rd/CR-561 gets pretty congested but it's nothing like Rt 70. More of a residential back road though there are few shopping centers close to 295. I think the west side of CH is typically more crowded than the east side. There's a lot more business out that way, the mall's out there, the old racetrack where they used to have the NJ state fair which they now made into a shopping center, Kennedy Hospital etc.

Cherry Hill is good, a bit upscale or "yuppy" for my tastes, my mother grew up there in the 1970s and has had her stories of some of the high school kids at Cherry Hill East. On the other hand it's older now, so you may not get that "new money" vibe if you went there today since it's 2nd and 3rd generation now, but it's still a very expensive area.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:23 AM

Default thank you!

So basically if you live in Cherry Hill, you pay more for everything food etc..as opposed to say..Maple Shade or some place like that.

So berlin road is bad but no that bad you would say?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:57 AM

877 posts, read 2,239,953 times
Quote:
So basically if you live in Cherry Hill, you pay more for everything food etc..as opposed to say..Maple Shade or some place like that.
Maple Shade definitely will be way cheaper than Cherry Hill, they really don't compare. MS is a strictly blue collar town, not a bad area but it's definitely working class overall, has a bit of a downtown which CH does not have. CH is very affluent and has always been and is much larger, population around 70K while MS is tiny only 20K.

Quote:
So berlin road is bad but no that bad you would say?
My grandparents live right off that road. Most of the time I've gone down there it's been on the weekends and when you get off 295 there's about three lights, one right after the other, by the shopping center (Vito's Pizza etc) that are very difficult to get through. Basically if you don't make one you won't make any. You pass the shopping center it dies down as it is all residential from there but you have 2 more lights, Cranford Rd and then Morris Dr and when I'm in the left lane I'm always stuck behind someone trying to make a left at those lights. The good thing about it is that you have two lanes each way so that makes it easier for the most part, but making a left turn is a pain. It does not compare to Rt 70 though, all of 70 is a nightmare.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM

13,709 posts, read 12,447,106 times
All the roads are going to be horror shows at rush hour...but none as bad as route 70. I used to live in Marlton and commuted 5 miles up 70 to Cherry Hill...it took 20 minutes. There was a big plaza on the other side of 70 where I worked that had great food places...but I never went to get lunch there because crossing 70 and back was such a PITA. I don't think you'll pay more for food and things, in fact part of the reason there is so much traffic is because there are a TON of restaurants, stores, etc (they even have a Wegman's now!)

Old 02-28-2010, 03:06 PM

7,780 posts, read 16,706,213 times
Quote:

no, cause maple shade and cherry hill are 2 minutes apart. You shop and eat at the same places.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:05 PM

992 posts, read 3,050,438 times
Cherry Hill is a mess at rush hour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia