U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 03:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,826 times

Advertisements

I'm recently unemployed and planning to start over in Collingswood. If anyone knows of a cheap room for rent (preferably under $500/month with utilities included) or a job (anything!), please let me know. Also if you know of any resources for finding work and affordable housing besides Craigslist. At this point I'll work anywhere, but eventually I'd like to find a job doing something meaningful: non-profit, social work, tutoring, caring for animals, etc.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 AM

14,781 posts, read 38,662,040 times
No leads on a job, but you may want to check out the Marina Park Apartments. I think they are in the low $600's for a studio and are probably the cheapest actual apartment complex in Collingswood.

If that is out of your range, make sure you include Oaklyn (08107) in your apartment searches. Collingswood has gotten rid of a lot of their multi-unit houses over the past 10 years, but there are still a lot available in Oaklyn, which is the next town over and is still a decent area.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 AM

33,310 posts, read 22,235,174 times
I don't know of anything anywhere that would be under $500. But one suggestion, especially as the jobs you want to do are geared towards caring for living creatures/people, is to look into being a companion for the elderly. This is not the same as an aide, so don't think it means you have to do "dirty work" so to speak (but if you wanted to, many agencies would pay for you to get CNA certification). There are agencies all over that will help place you as a companion, which basically means someone is there to make sure Mom remembers to take her medicine or can call for help if she falls, etc. You could also do this for children, as a nanny. There are agencies all over as well who place live-ins (you would live in a fab home, for sure!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia