Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:22 AM

13,384 posts, read 28,663,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
Some guy came flying out of nowhere (In Paramus) and tried to cut me off today at a red light, and I wasn't letting him, he came thisclose and then rolled down his window and screamed the "C" word and sped off into the turning-only lane. He obviously didn't want to turn, and he didn't want to wait in the 5-mile line of cars behind me. I thought it was the funniest thing in the world, losing his temper because I wouldn't let him in !! It made him more pissed off that I started laughing so he flipped me the bird to. Ouch! That hurt dumbass. I'm going to end up on the cover of the newspaper one day, "Girl shot over roadrage".

I'll be honest, I am one of those drivers, I have fun antagonizing. I thought about it and just when he thought someone was letting him in, I said to myself, "Naaa" and hit the gas. Haaaaaaaa!

I used to be really bad on the road, a true hothead. If someone tailgated, or cut me off, I'd have no issue hitting the brakes. I remember following someone into a parking lot once and introducing myself, then I said, "We're no longer strangers now that you know my name, and you insulted me" ! All because I went down a one-way by accident in a different state and was lost- she said something completely unwarranted, and demeaning, and I followed her. I was very cool, calm and she was scared as hell.

My attitude changed about 2 years ago when I cut off some big black truck and he flipped out and literally tried to run me into a ditch- I was scared. He wouldn't stop till I whipped out a camera phone and started taking pictures. It definitely changed the way I reacted. It was my eye opener. That guy who tried to cut me off today, I was nothing compared to what, or who he will meet one day.

So, are you one of those drivers- terrorizing others on the road? And, how do you handle those who suffer from temporary insanity a/k/a roadrage ??
Road rage cracks you up?? Cracks you up as haha funny????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 07:39 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,770,285 times
If you think that's bad, listen to THIS...

Some dumb bimbo was crawling (In Paramus) up to a red light, so I went to get in front of the stupid slowpoke and she wasn't letting me, I came thisclose and then rolled down my window and screamed the "C" word and sped off into the turning-only lane. I obviously didn't want to turn, and I didn't want to wait in the 5-mile line of cars behind her, but what a JERK!!! GET OFF THE ROAD IF YOU CAN'T DRIVE, BIMBO! She thought it was the funniest thing in the world, my losing my temper because she wouldn't let me in !! It made me more pissed off that she started laughing, like a big fat laughing whale, so I flipped her the bird too. Ouch! That hurt her dumbass. She's going to end up on the cover of the newspaper one day, "Girl shot over roadrage".

I'll be honest, I am one of those drivers, I have fun cutting people off. I used to be really bad on the road, a true hothead. I remember someone following me into a parking lot once and introducing herself, then she said, "We're no longer strangers now that you know my name, and you insulted me" ! All because SHE went down a one-way by accident in a different state and was lost- I flipped her the bird and screamed the "C" word at her, which she felt was completely unwarranted, and demeaning, and she followed me. She was very cool, calm and I was scared as hell. I grabbed a crow bar from my trunk and tuned up her car by smashing her headlights and windows before she sped off, screaming like a banshee.

Her attitude changed about 2 years ago when someone cut off my big black truck and I flipped out and literally tried to run her into a ditch- by was she scared. I wouldn't stop till she whipped out a camera phone and started taking pictures. It definitely changed the way she reacted. It was her eye opener. That bimbo I tried to cut off today, I was nothing compared to what, or who she will meet one day.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:49 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,344,466 times
I am glad to see that only the good NJ drivers are posting on this thread. Do the bad drivers have their own web site where they post?

BTW, I am a good professional driver (I get paid to drive) but just to be real honest here I have made some really dumb driving moves in the past 50 years.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:21 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,360,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
You have me very confused.

In the first part of your post, you indicated that you love to antagonize people and that you not only almost caused an accident today (congratulations, BTW), but you also had someone who you don't know flip out on you, tell you that he'll see you next Tuesday, and get hot enough to possibly do bodily harm (congrats again). In the next part of your post, you acknowledged that you'll probably be shot some day, and later yet you asked how to handle road ragers.

I'm going to ask you a series of questions:

1) Why not just let him in, especially when you admitted that you indicated (or that he for some reason believed) that you were going to do so?

2) What do you accomplish by antagonizing people and getting an emotional response? I mean, beside thinking that you are cute or whater ego strokes you get from it, how does it add to the quality of your own life to **** other people off?

3) You've stated that you have a history of this kind of behavior, admitted that you will probably be killed one day because of it, and admitted that you were almost killed by someone because of this sort of thing in the past. So my last question to you is this-is this behavior smart (rhetorical), is it a constructive way to spend your time and energy, and why don't you knock it off before someone really does kill you?

P.S. You should look up the definition of road rage-you might be surprised to find that you seem to have it.
My sentiments exactly. The OP seems to get a thrill out of causing road rage, and doesn't see her own actions as one of the very things that precipitates it. If somebody needs to get into a lane, LET THEM. You don't have any idea what their motivation is, and you could be preventing them from saving somebody's life.

The OP should maybe take some anger management courses, and brush up on the drivers' manual.
-pvs

Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 AM

201 posts, read 618,257 times
Well, you got to admit it is kind of rude to cut everybody else in front of traffic. But it is still not something to get worked up about.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 AM

409 posts, read 871,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Never participate if you're driving some small car or slow car, u will lose. I drive an old maxima and people underestimate it so that works just fine.
I don't know why everyone doesn't understand that. Here I am driving in the left lane. I wasn't tailgating the car in front of me but there was no room for anyone to get in front of me. I didn't even notice the guy in the middle lane next to me until he started trying to force himself in front of me. I'm thinking WTF? I did not cut hime off before, the left lane was just moving alot faster then the others. But he was like - either you let me in front of you or we will have an accident. So I let him in. Then he starts hitting the brakes. So I thinking, okay if we are going to do this, lets do it. Twice I almost rear-ended him when he braked. But my car was a lot bigger than his. After the second time he turned his hazard lights on and moved to the middle lane. It was stupid on both our parts. I should have just move or not engage but some of these idiots makes it hard to just let it go.

I don't understand why people like playing mind games and baiting people on the road. Like the OP. Hopefully I will never end up driving next to her.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 AM

13,384 posts, read 28,663,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subban View Post
Well, you got to admit it is kind of rude to cut everybody else in front of traffic. But it is still not something to get worked up about.
Yes I hate hate hate those drivers who think waiting doesn't apply to them but I'm not going to get in a confrontation with them just not worth it.

I do love at certain sections where this happens a lot there is a cop that you don't see until you are trying to get in but he has seen you..VIOLA ticket...LOVE IT

Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,041,885 times
This is one thing I do not miss not living in NY/NJ....aggressive, crazy drivers...

I better get used to it again.

People are quite bizarre behind the wheel of a car.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:14 AM

1,197 posts, read 1,620,401 times
Default In An Alternate Universe...

Hey OP, how bad would it be if this were your opening post?

Some guy came flying out of nowhere (In Paramus) and almost cut me off today at a red light. Initially I wasn't sure he was going to have room, but instead decided to slow down to allow him to get in front of me. I thought it was the funniest thing in the world, because of his reaction to me. He smiled and waved a big thank you. I imagine that he doesn't see that sort of courtesy very often.

I'll be honest, I am one of those drivers, I have fun doing nice things for people. I thought about it and just when he thought no one was letting him in, I said to myself, "here ya go" and slowed to let him in.

I used to be much more selfish on the road, a true narcissist. If someone was waiting to pass, I'd take my time moving over, or not make space for someone to get into a lane in front of me.

My attitude changed about 2 years ago when I almost cut off some big black truck and I waited and he let me in and I waved and he waved back at me. Later down the road I blew my tire and he actually stopped and helped me change it.

It definitely changed the way I reacted to people. It was my eye opener. So letting that guy in front of me today was something that I enjoy doing, as well as moving over for people and saying 'thank you' when someone does something courteous as well. It's amazing the reaction you can get from people when you are nice to them! They're shocked sometimes.

So, are you one of those drivers-always courteous to others? And, do you have any stories or other suggestions on being a courteous driver??

Old 06-14-2010, 09:15 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,770,285 times
I look at driving as a big game of demolition derby. I speed, cut people off, drive on shoulders and sidewalks when necessary, and most of all I TAKE NO GUFF from the NERDS who get their panties all in a wad because I'm driving like a real man.

At all times I keep a few items on the passenger's seat next to me - a bright searchlight to blind other drivers, pepper spray, a mace (not the spray, but the ball with spikes on a chain attached to a stick), and an assortment of knives and a couple guns. I drive how I want, where I want, when I want. If someone doesn't like that I cut in front of them well guess what - here's a beer or vodka bottle for your windshield, LOSER! If someone hits the brakes on purpose, well when I get along side of him here's a spike in your tire you creepy NERD!!! But my favorite is when they get out of their cars to come after me and end up staring down the barrel of a 12 guage shotgun that I bought at Dick's. I then slash them a few times with a box cutter or knife and they learn a valuable lesson, which is DON'T (MESS) WITH ME, LOSER NERD!!!

I've also been known to take out many Harley riders with my mace or just by sideswiping them; it's amazing what a little old Hyundai can do to a big, bad biker on a big, bad Harley, LOLMAO!! "NOW YIZ CAN'T LEAVE!!!" LOLMAO!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey