Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:47 PM

10 posts, read 21,117 times

Advertisements

I'm currently looking to relocate to a better city but it need to be in New Jersey. Looking for suggestions on places i could look into. I will be renting so i will have to get something like a three bedroom apt. willing to pay up to $1600 a month i have kids so needs to be a good area that the school are decent. I'm currently living in jersey city so i don't want to live anywhere close to J.c at all. we are done with the gang violence in this City. my son will be in high school next year and i need to get him in a good High school. Any ideas will be appreciated Thank You.
Oh and needs to be able to get around because i don't drive so public transportation will be my source of getting around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 02:02 PM

877 posts, read 2,838,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC03 View Post
I'm currently looking to relocate to a better city but it need to be in New Jersey. Looking for suggestions on places i could look into. I will be renting so i will have to get something like a three bedroom apt. willing to pay up to $1600 a month i have kids so needs to be a good area that the school are decent. I'm currently living in jersey city so i don't want to live anywhere close to J.c at all. we are done with the gang violence in this City. my son will be in high school next year and i need to get him in a good High school. Any ideas will be appreciated Thank You.
Oh and needs to be able to get around because i don't drive so public transportation will be my source of getting around
What do you need to be near? If you need public transportation, one decent option in the JC area that comes to mind is Weehawken. I have no personal experince with it, but have seen many on this forum recommend it. Anyone?

It's hard for me to make other recommendations if you don't drive. Totowa I think may be a little pedestrian friendly, so that is further away from JC if you are trying to get away from there. In my area Woodbridge is relatively pedestrian friendly, has a nice downtown with a train station if you need public transportation although the town is rather large and has many different sections, three high schools, which is unusual for any suburban NJ town. From what I hear the schools are good and there are quite a few rentals in the area which may be on the pricey side, but more than likely are probably below $16K/mo. There's also tons of amenities, a big mall, as well as lots of regional shopping with instant access to all the major highways, but you don't drive. I don't know about busses, but like I said there is the North Jersey Cost Line that has a stop downtown.

Last edited by Whoelsebutcharles; 06-26-2010 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-26-2010, 04:12 PM

Ok thanks is that any where around Edison NJ i don't know just asking

Old 06-26-2010, 07:16 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,019,127 times
You should look into Cranford.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:10 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,573,243 times
I agree with the two posters above. I like Weehawken myself because it possess the characteristics that you are looking for. I have heard great things about Woodbridge and Cranford, but have never personally been to either. And yes Woodbridge is close to Edison. A little less than 20 miles away.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:23 PM

63 posts, read 253,596 times
You may be able to rent a nice 3br at Edison Village or Blueberry Village at $1,600 that can 5 minutes walk to Edison Train Station. school bus to Edison High School is at the community. Edison is top 3 safest cities in NJ, according to FBI report.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:52 PM

877 posts, read 2,838,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC03 View Post
Ok thanks is that any where around Edison NJ i don't know just asking
Yes Woodbridge is right next to Edison. It's the next exit northbound on the Turnpike.

Edison is also a decent option, but is not really pedestrian friendly. Both towns are very large and very crowded, but Woodbridge is definitely somewhat pedestrian friendly esp if you live near Main St. Edison is not. Edison's schools have always been top notch, but that doesn't make Woodbridge's district bad at all. Schools shouldn't be a major concern as long as they are in a decent enough area your child will do fine.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 AM

279 posts, read 1,086,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota1990 View Post
You may be able to rent a nice 3br at Edison Village or Blueberry Village at $1,600 that can 5 minutes walk to Edison Train Station. school bus to Edison High School is at the community. Edison is top 3 safest cities in NJ, according to FBI report.
I don't think Edison is #3 safest in NJ. Also, it could take 5minutes just to cross Plainfield Ave with all the traffic. About 15 min to walk to the station.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:08 PM

14 posts, read 70,021 times
Leonia Schools are great; so Fort Lee. Nice neiborhood as well. Not sure about price on housing

Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 AM

do anybody know anything about Colonial Square Town homes in Edison how is that area is it kid friendly (help)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey