U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2011, 09:27 AM

71 posts, read 66,874 times
this thread should be a sticky one!!
Its very reliable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 01:39 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,532,658 times
I didn't realize that ACES route goes from NYC to AC via Philly. Seems so roundabout and time consuming! Is there really no trackage along the coast that trains could utilize?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:55 PM

12,291 posts, read 12,399,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I didn't realize that ACES route goes from NYC to AC via Philly. Seems so roundabout and time consuming! Is there really no trackage along the coast that trains could utilize?
There is an abandoned line that runs from Hammonton to Red Bank.... It will be restored from Red Bank - Lakehurst as part of the MOM network....there are some talks of restoring service to South Jersey.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,152 posts, read 242,087 times
Nexis4Jersey,

Do you know about any proposals or plans for another PATH station in Hudson County?

I would love to see one in Weehawken or another in Hoboken/Jersey City.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
Nexis4Jersey,

Do you know about any proposals or plans for another PATH station in Hudson County?

I would love to see one in Weehawken or another in Hoboken/Jersey City.
None in Hudson County.....2 in Essex County.... All New Stations are listed below...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/19849713-post154.html

Old 07-20-2011, 01:08 PM

1,608 posts, read 2,058,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
There is an abandoned line that runs from Hammonton to Red Bank.... It will be restored from Red Bank - Lakehurst as part of the MOM network....there are some talks of restoring service to South Jersey.

Scallops will fly out of my pants before that happens.

(Whoever gets the reference gets a cookie)

Old 07-21-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post

Well , will just have to see how the MOM network and Glassboro lines go , if they get there combined 180,000 daily riders more extensions will come to Central and South Jersey if they don't it will take longer. But I have a feelin the Glassboro line will do fine do to the fact that the Riverline has done greatly and is expected to explode when the Pennsuaken Transit Center is completed...

Old 07-23-2011, 09:44 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,131,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well , will just have to see how the MOM network and Glassboro lines go , if they get there combined 180,000 daily riders more extensions will come to Central and South Jersey if they don't it will take longer. But I have a feelin the Glassboro line will do fine do to the fact that the Riverline has done greatly and is expected to explode when the Pennsuaken Transit Center is completed...
you may have underestimated the lines. I think they will explode and reveal something about the SJ area. I think the MOM should go all the way to vineland then have cape may line go via the ROW along rte 30 in camden.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:55 PM

3,287 posts, read 3,196,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post

Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob Squarepants.

Nexis: Are there any more studies on the HBLR extension to Staten Island? The most recent study I know of is the Phase II study.

They estimate that, if there aren't any roadblocks, construction alone will take 7 years to get to Bloomfield, and maybe 10 years to get to Pleasant Plains, but how long would you think it would take to start construction? Another 10 years or so?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:13 AM

34 posts, read 36,850 times
Best way to get from East Brunswick to Burlington?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey