Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:50 PM

81 posts, read 174,344 times

Advertisements

zzracer- Are your "many Indian friends" from New Brunswick, Iselin, and Edison aware that you look at their people and their families as "ratty"? Are your so called "Indian friends" aware that you " do not want to live next to them"? Are your " Indian friends" aware of how you view them as neighbors?

Yes, you are not racist. You just happen NOT to like Indians. Are your "Indian friends" aware of this ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 AM

65 posts, read 282,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzracer View Post
Your cool. Thank you for negatively impacting my question. You had to turn this into something that it's not. I will not play your game so if you would kindly keep off this thread. I also know about the other cultures there I'm not stupid, the most predominate of them is the Indian culture. I hate how you can't inquire about something without someone else having a problem.
Yeah right, thats why you send out a PM to me calling me "a scum and an ass". Way to go!!!. As others have pointed out repeatedly in this thread, your posts smack of being racist and this is not the first post you have, bashing Asian Indians.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:57 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Many times you will see neighbors who are different than you, and assume they are not talking to you because they are "clannish" or whatever. However, if you take the time to break the ice, you will usually find that they are very happy to talk to you. A lot of it is just plain shyness. Once the ice is broken, they will invite you over for a barbeque. Try it.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,559 times
Quote:
I actually have many indian friends who come from New Brunswick, Iselin and Edison.
I really didn't want to touch this thread (as a matter of fact, the first time I saw it, I misread your name as "zzracist". Sorry about that, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be).

But maybe this is a question you should have posed to those friends, in private, rather than going public with what could be construed as a very sensitive subject. Are you truly surprised with how this is turning out?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:03 AM

16 posts, read 87,015 times
I just want to thank all of you who have destroyed this thread good job! Your right for saying I should have gone private on this because then I wouldnt have had to put up people who think they can call anyone a racist when I have Indian friends. I know and im good friends with many and for those who dont believe, well i dont care. Yes they know what I think about some of the Indians around Middlesex who look "ratty" because theyeven agree. Maybe for those of you think I'm racist should actually have checked with some Indians yourself because belive it or not they say the same things. Yes I am truly surprised how this is turning out because I never thought so many people would jump up and sream racism when its really not.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:46 PM

4,419 posts, read 5,151,002 times
zzracer.

Don't pay anymind. Alot of people on here will respond if anything and I mean anything is said about their particular ethnic group. Especially Asians. Gee, I wonder if Asians like to surf social web sites alot? Pfft.. Actually, some of these geeks have multiple I.D.'s on this forum and will give the illusion that you are being ganged up on. It's a propaganda mish-mash. Listen to how they think and you will see that saving face means life/death to these people. They have no problem with attacking OTHER groups though, white or not.

Don't fall for it.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:11 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,187,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
zzracer.

Don't pay anymind. Alot of people on here will respond if anything and I mean anything is said about their particular ethnic group. Especially Asians. Gee, I wonder if Asians like to surf social web sites alot? Pfft.. Actually, some of these geeks have multiple I.D.'s on this forum and will give the illusion that you are being ganged up on. It's a propaganda mish-mash. Listen to how they think and you will see that saving face means life/death to these people. They have no problem with attacking OTHER groups though, white or not.

Don't fall for it.
huh?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:27 PM

50 posts, read 185,340 times
since you say, you have more indian friends but still want to post a message like this, shows who you are?...........

do you know that most of the asian indians here are earning more than 90k because of their education...... you are better off staying near them, than the drug addicts and terrorists who tried to blew up time square this spring.

i'm happy to see some good people named you racist....

Old 07-22-2010, 03:08 PM

387 posts, read 616,081 times
Not racist...merely curious....particularly curious....really curious.....seriously curious.....outwardly curious.....anything but racist.....and then how can you miss the fact that he has a lot of indian friends who agree with his opinion. So doesnt that absolve him of his opinion. He discussed it with his indian friends and then logged into the forum to confirm if him and his friends are spot on. You guys just spoilt his party!!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 07:48 AM

429 posts, read 931,628 times
Quote:
some of the Indians around Middlesex who look "ratty" because theyeven agree. Maybe for those of you think I'm racist should actually have checked with some Indians yourself because belive it or not they say the same things.
You didn't start off with "some". You started off with a sweeping generalization that negatively characterized a particular ethnicity. That's pretty much a textbook definition of "racism". I don't know what the heck you'd think racism is otherwise.

And when it's just "some", it doesn't matter than they're Indians. That fact would be irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey