U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 PM

36 posts, read 143,667 times

Advertisements

So my husband was promoted last week and offered a transfer. First they offered him a position in Bridgewater, however now they are strongly suggesting that he take the position in Cherry Hill, NJ. We are from Raleigh, NC and know little to nothing about the area. We have two small girls, and are looking to rent a house at first until we know if this will be a permanent relocation.

Is Cherry Hill a safe area with good schools? Or would it be in our best interest to live in another town nearby and commute (up to 30 minute commute would be ideal)? Any other information would be great. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM

19,648 posts, read 24,493,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2kaitlyne View Post
So my husband was promoted last week and offered a transfer. First they offered him a position in Bridgewater, however now they are strongly suggesting that he take the position in Cherry Hill, NJ. We are from Raleigh, NC and know little to nothing about the area. We have two small girls, and are looking to rent a house at first until we know if this will be a permanent relocation.

Is Cherry Hill a safe area with good schools? Or would it be in our best interest to live in another town nearby and commute (up to 30 minute commute would be ideal)? Any other information would be great. Thanks so much!
Cherry Hill is in Camden County so is included in the South Jersey subforum NJ suburbs of Philadelphia. Posting there will get you your best results. I moved from Cherry Hill to a small town west of Charlotte.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:34 PM

14,756 posts, read 33,237,252 times
You should post this in the South Jersey subforum as that is the area you will be looking at.

Overall you can't go wrong with the area. Cherry Hill itself is very nice and has excellent schools. Some of the other "good" surrounding towns are Haddon Twp., Haddonfield, Haddon Heights, Voorhees, Moorestown, Marlton/Evesham Twp., Mt. Laurel and Cinnaminson.

Again, I would recommend posting in the subforum and try to include specifics about the type of housing you are looking for and what your budget is. You mentioned renting and there are all types available from single family homes and townhomes to condos and regular apartments. All of the towns I mentioned are an easy commute to Cherry Hill (generally less than 30 minutes) and all have good school systems. The difference is going to come down to price and the type of neighborhood you want. Do you want a development? Do you want a traditional town? Do you want a new(er) house? Do you want an older home? etc.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,118 times
Welcome to Cherry Hill, New Jersey! As a lifetime resident, Christian married father of two, I can assure you, you can't go wrong. Great schools, great communities. I grew up on the east end, richer and raised my family on the west end, poorer. If you come to Cherry Hill, please check out Kingston Estates, the Kingston Estates Swim Club and Kingsway Church ([url=http://www.KingswayAG.com]Kingsway Church[/url]). If you have any questions, feel welcome to email me at www.LouSchopfer.com (broken link). Have a great day! Lou
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or
View detailed profiles of: