Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,174 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information about what the busiest NJ Transit bus routes are or perhaps a chart with ridership information for each route or which routes run most frequently? There are so many routes. Some of them have high frequency service and others only run a hand full of buses a day. I'm very curious which routes form the "backbone" of the bus system.

This website [url=http://www.dougandadrienne.info/njbus/indexnnj.html]NJ Bus map for Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren Counties[/url] is a map of all the new jersey transit bus routes and has been a great resource in trying to figure out how this huge system works, but it's difficult to grasp the whole thing without additional information about which routes operate every 15 minutes or better. which routes operate on weekends, etc.

I rarely go to new jersey and am capable of figuring out how to get around if I need to, but I'm the kind of person who likes to understand how the whole system works in addition to just how to get from A to B.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 06:42 PM

181 posts, read 1,122,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB81 View Post
Does anyone have any information about what the busiest NJ Transit bus routes are or perhaps a chart with ridership information for each route or which routes run most frequently? There are so many routes. Some of them have high frequency service and others only run a hand full of buses a day. I'm very curious which routes form the "backbone" of the bus system.

This website NJ Bus map for Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren Counties is a map of all the new jersey transit bus routes and has been a great resource in trying to figure out how this huge system works, but it's difficult to grasp the whole thing without additional information about which routes operate every 15 minutes or better. which routes operate on weekends, etc.

I rarely go to new jersey and am capable of figuring out how to get around if I need to, but I'm the kind of person who likes to understand how the whole system works in addition to just how to get from A to B.

Thanks.
In the Newark Area the 1 bus withing Newark with some trips going to JC
the 21 bus to West Orange are very frequent bus routes

Old 07-28-2010, 04:32 PM

3 posts, read 6,521 times
#94 runs through bloomfield, east orange, nwk, irvington and a few other cities
#24 runs through orange, east orange, nwk, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey