U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:12 AM

12,890 posts, read 23,895,450 times

Advertisements

My house is on a corner piece of property, the one side around the corner has my neighbor that thinks this is where he blows his leaves etc in the fall.

There are trees there and berry bushes that we have never taken down to prevent erosion as it is a hill.

I didn't SEE the azzz neighbor do this but I know it was him...he had trimmed all his bushes and shrubs and instead of bagging them for recycle he put them on my hill, actually more than likely the towns hill because of the easement.

Have no clue who to complain too.....have no desire to spend an entire day now cleaning this out....I swear I hope a dam tree falls on him he is such a jerk. It looks awful and all i can think of is if we had the house listed and people coming to look.

If it were you who would you complain too?? I live in Jefferson

When we move I want NO freaking neighbors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 AM

17,579 posts, read 37,986,596 times
I would ask the neighbor if it was him.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:15 AM

20,369 posts, read 25,443,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I would ask the neighbor if it was him.
Yeah, I'd ask him, point blank, & then I'd ask him how he'd like it if you'd return the favor. Don't mention anything about an easement.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:18 AM

I've confronted him before when I actually saw him blowing leaves up there and by time I got down to him he denied it.....
I'll figure something out as my very evil thinking cap is on now

Old 07-30-2010, 10:57 AM

1,890 posts, read 3,662,902 times
This summer I was at my town hall a lot...specifically at the department of public works/building department. A couple of times, while I was waiting around to get my stuff done, someone would walk up to the counter to lodge a complaint about a neighbor neglecting their yard to the point where the grass was getting to be waist high.

I'm not sure if DPW is the right place to go, but definitely you can lodge some type of formal complaint with someone at your town hall. You can call the town hall general info line and ask.

Municipalities will stick you with a fine for something as minor as dragging your garbage to the curb too early in advance. With something as major as improperly disposing trash in someone else's yard (it's irrelevant that there's an easement...he's violating the garbage/recycling rules)...that's a totally legitimate complaint that should be addressed.

This guy should be fined, and he should be made to clean up your property, at his expense. The garbage/recycling rules are not made to be enforced selectively. We all make the extra effort to adhere to them. Is this guy somehow special? I don't think so.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM

Go out & take pictures, including closeups. If it matches his trimmed shrubs, there's your proof for the officials.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 AM

Thanks..good suggestions to do over the weekend

Old 07-30-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Thanks..good suggestions to do over the weekend
If possible, take pictures today, if the leaves are still fresh. It's more difficult to identify if they dry out.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:38 PM

132 posts, read 567,130 times
Prop your camcorder and start recording when you hear or see the sleeze bag working on the yard. Confront him and record the whole thing and uploaded to YouTube.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 PM

1,320 posts, read 3,467,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2do4now View Post
Prop your camcorder and start recording when you hear or see the sleeze bag working on the yard. Confront him and record the whole thing and uploaded to YouTube.
Yes you can get techy if you need proof. Sometimes video is worth thousand word.

If you have a tech savy friend or if your tech savy enough and want to definitely catch him in instead of waiting for chance you'll be home to turn on the camcorder when he does this.

You can setup a surveillance. Need webcam or ip camera and open source software or commercial one whichever works. It can be setup to automatically record upon motion or audio trigger with alert system via email, phone, etc. You should also be able to watch the camera via internet from say your work (depending on net access setup at ure office).

If it's ip camera you will pay more for it but even then you can find a cheap one fairly easy or used one. go on google and check it out. Once youre done catching ure neightbor in act. You can sell it or set it up for home security system and have it point to say your front or back door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or