U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 AM

2,705 posts, read 7,098,829 times

Advertisements

Kalim, your Cranford pics are really reminding me of what a great place Cranford was to grow up in. I remember when that Artist's Framing shop was all brick, and it was PAINTED entirely purple...it looked hideous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 AM

5,079 posts, read 7,246,669 times
Chester's downtown is really cute.
So is Basking Ridge. I love those kind of downtown areas. They are adorable....

Old 04-21-2009, 08:00 AM

2,705 posts, read 7,098,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Well if you are around Ninth across from hamilton park...snap me one of the brownstones....last residence for my great grand father who died in 1914
Here you go, Kate. These came out a little blurry, not sure why. These are the rowhouses right across from the Park on 9th Street. I have a bunch more, but man, they take forever to upload and re-size...
Attached Thumbnails
NJ Towns "Downtown" pictures-hamilton-park.jpg   NJ Towns "Downtown" pictures-hamilton-park2.jpg  

Old 04-21-2009, 08:27 AM

12,928 posts, read 24,057,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Here you go, Kate. These came out a little blurry, not sure why. These are the rowhouses right across from the Park on 9th Street. I have a bunch more, but man, they take forever to upload and re-size...

Cool... thanks Growing up in the late 60's that area was horrible..the park was nicknamed " Needle Park" for apparent reasons

Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 AM

786 posts, read 2,269,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Kalim, your Cranford pics are really reminding me of what a great place Cranford was to grow up in. I remember when that Artist's Framing shop was all brick, and it was PAINTED entirely purple...it looked hideous!
ALL purple??? Yeah, that would have been horrible.

I go to Mexico once in awhile and love the cool funky colored buildings in places like Merida. Some of the buildings in the downtown like this purple building really make the place look nice. I don't like a downtown that's all reddish brick for some reason.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 PM

Downtown of Mountain lakes

(not my pic - from:APHR HOMEPAGE)

Old 04-26-2009, 11:29 PM

I'm hoping more people can contribute their downtowns. Here's more from mine.

Victorian street lamps cast a warm glow as night gives way to morning along N. Union Ave in Cranford , NJ. The second store on the right with the red facade is Avenue East, one of the better Asian Fusion restaurants I've tried, although Wild Rice a couple blocks away is giving it a run for its money with less expensive fare. Satay is allegedly only $5 for 4 sticks, which is a bargain IMHO.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:29 PM

173 posts, read 508,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
A couple Cranford pics I took last Sunday for the new Cranford Flickr Group that we just started.

Hope other people can contribute more pics to the group...

Flickr: Cranford, New Jersey (NJ) (Flickr: Cranford Township, New Jersey (NJ) - broken link)

The intersection of North Ave East and Alden St. The striking purple building houses the Artist Framer at 17 North Ave E, and in the distance you can see the roof of the Cleveland Plaza and the steeple of the Presbyterian church at the corner of N. Union and Springfield.

The Wachovia building, which was known as the Cranford Trust Building and built in 1912, looms over the town center, with picturesque and colorful stores lined up beside it.

The Cranford Train Station, showing Victorian lamp posts, same ones that dot the rest of the town.
This reminded me to get out there and start snapping pictures of beautiful Cranford in all of its spring glory!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:55 AM

1,428 posts, read 2,107,824 times
Morristown and Ridgewood have great downtowns, but I have to say I am very impressed by the pics of Cranford. I had no idea it was that charming. I am being swayed by those pics.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:16 PM

136 posts, read 177,903 times
Never been to Cranford but it looks very nice. But for my money morristown wins hands down

This is the best I could find of downtown quickly online.

Morristown Green - YouTube
This shows you are area around the green in 2009 and the building under construction is now completed and fully leased (and busy all day every day). South St is also very cool (cant find any good pictures)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or