Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 03:08 PM

10 posts, read 20,999 times

Advertisements

Hello I'm a mother of three looking to rent a home somewhere in Sicklerville don't know anything about this town but i think anything would be better than what I'm trying to get away from. Anyone have any info that they can tell me about it please let me know. (like the neighborhoods, schools, playground, crimes,) anything like it will be appreciated thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 AM

50,264 posts, read 35,918,926 times
I grew up in Sicklerville, and while then it was very rural, I wouldn't choose to live there now. It has not been kept up good, and in many of the developments a lot of the houses don't look well taken care of. There is a lot more crime than there used to be. There are nicer areas in Williamstown which is right next door. Why were you choosing Sicklerville specifically? You might want to put this on the NJ suburbs of Philadelphia sub-forum as that encompasses Gloucester County.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 AM

15 posts, read 27,676 times
My family currently lives in Sicklerville and we have been there for a little over 5 years with one child in daycare and the other in 1st grade. As for areas to stay near, well it depends what your budget is. I am assuming you are looking for either a 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom house depending on if you can squeeze two of your kids in one room or not. This is my opinion and only:

Good neighborhoods - Wyndham Hill(and connected neighborhoods) and Wiltons corner are probably the best and renting can be between 1700 and 2000 a month based on what I have seen. Wiltons coner is the newer development and ranges from single family homes to townhouse.

Schools - Depends on the age of your kids but the elementary schools are decent, after that the middle school has had its issues and most people I know try to get their kids in a private school when it comes to the high school

Playgrounds - They are scattered but do exist and are generally located near any local soccer/baseball field.

Crime - It exists no matter where you go. but being that I am in Wyndham the most crime i have seen is a broken window. There have been cases where bikes have been left on the front property and vanished over night. Some break-ins occurred awhile back but luckily they caught the guy who dropped his electric bill at one of the homes.

I loved the area because it was an easy commute to Philly, and we are only leaving because of job relocation. I lived in the ghetto's of philly while at school, so to me the crime is next to nothing. Gloucester township is the same way but taxes are much higher to compensate for the townships poor residential planning.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:44 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,938,377 times
o and not to mention the 24/7 express bus 551 to philly or atlantic city!!!! It's fast and non-stop. In addition to 400 which is till wee hours click here Google Map check NJT bus rtes or click here NJ Bus Map for Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem Counties But I still recommend you get a car for going north and south OK as 406 is not very frequent!!! not that its horrid but not frequent enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey