Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 PM

181 posts, read 904,477 times

Advertisements

i know they said NJ, and upthread a poster or two asked why they wanted to stay in NJ. I didn't see a response, but most posters seemed to think it was budget related. If, if fact that was the reason, I was merely pointing out another budget related solution. Thinking outside the box a tiny bit.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 26,060 times
Thank you all for your responses!! Sorry that it has taken me so long on here to get back with a response myself. We are now going to be pushing the trip to probably around March/April due to my husband getting a new job and not taking vacation until then.

The reason that we were thinking NJ originally was the fact that we were thinking of driving, and I just don't think I'm brave enough to drive in NYC, plus I don't know the parking situation. We were also trying to go a little cheaper on the hotel so we could spend more money for other things that we would like to do while we are there.

Now we will probably be flying, but I was worried if I opted for a less expensive hotel in NYC that it would be in a worse part of the city...I don't know though, because I did say that I have never been there, so it could be just as nice.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,036,775 times
If you're on a tight budget I would highly recommend the super 8 motel in North Bergen, NJ It's only less than a mile from NYC through the Lincoln Tunnel and they have shuttles that go back and forth from the Port Authority bus station in NYC. My husband's parents stayed there for a week. It's nothing fancy, but it was clean and comfortable and there are a lot of eateries within the area. I always see people waiting for the shuttle and I know it books fast. I believe you have to go on the Super 8 website to book. Who is going to spend most of their time in their hotel anyway with so much to do?

Yahoo! Image Detail for - http://cdn.hotelplanner.com/Common/Images/Hotels/296239_1.jpg

Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,647,299 times
Quote:
ferry terminal. It's the prettiest way to get to Manhattan
Absolutly. More costly than buses but a pleasant ride with great views. It's the only way I travel to the city.

A hundred a night hotel is a Red Roof. The Sheraton in ER is close to $200 a night. NYC hotels have come way down and the costs might not be that different.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,956,397 times
Stay in the city. There are good hotel deals and you'll get much more out of your trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey