Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,573 times

Advertisements

Hi my question is are the Extended Benefits automatic after Tier 2. Or do I need to re-apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 07:29 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,947,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrick View Post
Hi my question is are the Extended Benefits automatic after Tier 2. Or do I need to re-apply.
There are currently 4 levels of unemployment benefits in New Jersey:
(1) Initial unemployment benefits (UB - 26 weeks)
(2) Emergency unemployment benefits Tier I (EUC Tier I - 20 weeks)
(3) Emergency unemployment benefits Tier II (EUC Tier II - 13 weeks)
(4) Extended benefits (EB - 20 weeks)

The EB level has more stringent eligibility requirements than the first three levels have. You are normally informed of your eligibility for EB by Unemployment before your Tier II ends or shortly afterward.

If you have any questions about your eligibility, you should contact Unemployment about your specific situation.

All of this is explained at the website:
Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Unemployment Insurance Extension Programs (http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/ui/content/UIExtendedBenefitProgram.html - broken link)

There is a lengthy thread here that has more information about the EB benefits and people's experience getting them and not getting them:

New: Stimulus Plan and Unemployment Extension (EB Program)

Old 07-04-2009, 09:06 PM

7 posts, read 24,481 times
Sorry to ask for more clarification but does thie mean that as of right now you can be receiving checks for 79 weeks total? We are really confused about this whole thing.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkr View Post
Sorry to ask for more clarification but does thie mean that as of right now you can be receiving checks for 79 weeks total? We are really confused about this whole thing.
If you qualify for each of the four levels -- that is, initial unemployment benefits and the three extensions -- yes, you can conceivably receive unemployment benefits in New Jersey for as long as 79 weeks right now.

However, remember that the state only offers Tier I, Tier II, and EB extensions if unemployment levels in New Jersey meet certain criteria during a set time period. There is no guarantee that the extensions will be around indefinitely.

If the economy does improve -- or something else happens that affects the state's ability to pay extended benefits to so many people -- the state can stop offering these extensions.

That's why is it so important to stay up-to-date with the availability of the various extensions -- and of your own eligibility for those extensions.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 AM

4,282 posts, read 10,717,586 times
79 weeks of unemployment... if you cant get a job in a year and a half, you dont deserve unemployment!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:17 AM

7 posts, read 24,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
79 weeks of unemployment... if you cant get a job in a year and a half, you dont deserve unemployment!!!

You would think but its much harder than it should be these days.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
i hope you lose your job and never get another one . you don't deserve a penny with your nasty stupid racist attitude. who gve you all your money your rich daddy?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateobnoxiouspeople View Post
i hope you lose your job and never get another one . you don't deserve a penny with your nasty stupid racist attitude. who gve you all your money your rich daddy?
You may disagree with the comment by GiantRutgersfan, but there was nothing racist about it -- nor was it necessary to characterize the posting as nasty or stupid. I see that this was your first comment under your "ihateobnoxiouspeople" screenname. For the record, this is not the place for personal attacks.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 AM

348 posts, read 468,057 times
Default What happens when EB runs out

When the EB program runs out will there be another extension, anyone have any ideas please respond. Thanks Again

Mike

Old 07-18-2009, 03:00 PM

5 posts, read 17,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
If you qualify for each of the four levels -- that is, initial unemployment benefits and the three extensions -- yes, you can conceivably receive unemployment benefits in New Jersey for as long as 79 weeks right now.

However, remember that the state only offers Tier I, Tier II, and EB extensions if unemployment levels in New Jersey meet certain criteria during a set time period. There is no guarantee that the extensions will be around indefinitely.

If the economy does improve -- or something else happens that affects the state's ability to pay extended benefits to so many people -- the state can stop offering these extensions.

That's why is it so important to stay up-to-date with the availability of the various extensions -- and of your own eligibility for those extensions.
I have received very helpful info from this site. I will ask another ques. I have 2 weeks left of tier11 and have received a notice of EB benefits with eligibility requirements. I must show active job search and document it and mail it back. Ques..will I be receiving another form to show documentation. Am concerned because I haven't received any additional mail from the unemployment office and don't want to be behind the curve. Please inform and thank you in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey