U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:25 AM

3 posts, read 9,402 times

Advertisements

Jersey man I am sure you are a NORTH jersey man. I HAVE a nice home, not some Tony Soprano wanna be house. YOU people can't afford them up there so you come down here. I HAVE a nice job, selling you the cars you just have to have to park in the driveways of your ugly houses. Perhaps I should change my name to Guidos go home?
You can move here, you can pay the overinflated taxes (that YOU caused) here, but you will never EVER be a local, end of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 09:05 AM

5,370 posts, read 10,126,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennies go home View Post
Jersey man I am sure you are a NORTH jersey man. I HAVE a nice home, not some Tony Soprano wanna be house. YOU people can't afford them up there so you come down here. I HAVE a nice job, selling you the cars you just have to have to park in the driveways of your ugly houses. Perhaps I should change my name to Guidos go home?
You can move here, you can pay the overinflated taxes (that YOU caused) here, but you will never EVER be a local, end of story.
I'm so happy that WE created the over inflated taxes on your house in Brick. Wake up are you hiding in a cave our is it really the refridgerator box, because TAXES have gone up ALL OVER THE STATE. I'm glad I don't live next to you and your box.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:25 PM

1,933 posts, read 5,749,259 times
Default NJ here come the New Yorkers!

Beenies go home! Wake up its 2007! Actually My family & friends didnt lose a dollar on their homes in Ocean nor Monmouth county, all are originally from Brooklyn & Long Island, none are close to losing their homes due to the fact they are hard working Americans. And they fit in just fine with the locals.Because once again they are real Americans not some angry fool looking to judge one by where he or she is originally from or what size home one buys.

Many more of my relatives sold their homes in NYC , some on LI and are heading to NJ after the holiday. They too will fit in fine just like all the others have.

You have an incredibly Happy Holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennies go home View Post

Old 12-01-2007, 04:36 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,363,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Beenies go home!
You have an incredibly Happy Holiday!
Humbug! BTW, I guess benniesgohome has ancestors that are native to this region of New Jersey. Obviously his entitlement to the land goes back before the pilgrims.

POSITIVEONE, you are welcome to buy in my neighbor here in Toms River .In my neighborhood we help each other out, look after each other. My neighbors who lived across the street bought when the house was built about 40 years ago. And even though I only moved in 7 years ago they socialized with me from day one. And should you choose Brick, even with all those drugs the "OTHERS" brought in they still both managed to be in the top 10 safest cities in America.

Bring us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses...welcome to Ocean County!

Old 12-01-2007, 05:25 PM

1,933 posts, read 5,749,259 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the kind post hrjersey! Thats what its all about! Everybody who i know moved for a better life. Some must feel the newcomers are looking to destroy or bring down their newly chosen place to live. We are the same way, welcome your neighbor nomatter where they originally come from, work together, become a family. Life is too short to stress over newcomers from NY or wherever!

Happy Holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
Humbug! BTW, I guess benniesgohome has ancestors that are native to this region of New Jersey. Obviously his entitlement to the land goes back before the pilgrims.

POSITIVEONE, you are welcome to buy in my neighbor here in Toms River .In my neighborhood we help each other out, look after each other. My neighbors who lived across the street bought when the house was built about 40 years ago. And even though I only moved in 7 years ago they socialized with me from day one. And should you choose Brick, even with all those drugs the "OTHERS" brought in they still both managed to be in the top 10 safest cities in America.

Bring us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses...welcome to Ocean County!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:27 PM

67 posts, read 217,330 times
Maybe move to Barnegat, I'm trying to sell my house without a real estate agent. Listed in Asbury Park Press.4 Bdrm colonial I ran my own OPEN HOUSE today and had a couple of people stop buy. I even got two calls this week.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
From what i know,northern toms river is better than south toms river. A 4 bedroom house with a basement will probably start around $250k maybe a little cheaper if it requires some work. A tax bill for a house of 250k will probably run you around $3500/year. I know a really good real estate website that has the tax information for the houses they list. Send me a message and i can tell you more info. I dont think i can post links here.All in all, Ocean county is a very nice place to live. It is very expensive to live in NJ though but if you are going to buy, its a buyers market.
Hi: I live in San Juan P.R. right now, Iam retired from the Air Force and I planing to buy a house in Tom Rivers if you now somw houses for sale adviced me Ok.

Regards

John

Old 07-11-2009, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,489 times
iam looking at a home in toms river zip08753 were latin american how is our race welcome there

Old 07-12-2009, 08:30 AM

1,106 posts, read 4,363,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony safra View Post
iam looking at a home in toms river zip08753 were latin american how is our race welcome there
There is not a lot of diversity but there is a 4% hispanic population in TR. There is also a larger hispanic population in surrounding towns like Seaside Heights and Lakewood. Since I am not hispanic I can't speak for others but as a Toms River resident I have not seen anything in the way of racism.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:50 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,428,070 times
Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but it should be noted that "South Toms River" is a totally separate town. It's NOT simply a section of the regular Toms River Township.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or