Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 PM

48 posts, read 158,723 times

Advertisements

Hi.

I'm posting this question for my mother-in-law, who claims to have seen a sign for a new condo/townhome community about 12 miles outside of Atlantic City. Unfortunately, she did not write down the name/website of it. Starting prices were listed at $79,999, which sounds too good to be true. It claimed it was a "lake" community.

Does anyone know where this community is or where I can get more info for her? I'd really appreciate any help. I've spent the last hour surfing the net but have come up empty-handed, so far.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 01:18 PM

36 posts, read 176,382 times
Sounds like an active adult mobile home park, possibly.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:58 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusonDechert View Post
Sounds like an active adult mobile home park, possibly.
Yes, there are many such adult communities along GSP toward AC. Everytime when we went down there and hit the traffic will just exit to check out some.

Some rules make it harder to deal with. e.g. need to be over 55 year old, and no one young then 18 can be there, and when you sell, you have to sell to the same time of buyer (much few buyer population, therefore, buy low sell low).

It is like a condo community with lots of restriction that investors would not want to buy, and tenant will pay high rent. e.g Woodhaven at Edison, each time change tenanent, you need to pay $300 extra to condo association, and pets disallowed. tenant needs to be registered with parking, so end up rent is $1,650 and no lease shorter than one year. On the other hand, places like Woodhaven is good for buyer who plan for owner occupied, since the buying price is only $250,000 lower than nearby 2br 2ba condo, but it is nice community with fireplace...

So, adult community is great if your mother-in-law or senior family members want to live there. Some good points are no kids making noise, you see most people in unit not play on street, and yard very neat, clean, and lots of plants and flowers ...etc.

If you want something very good price and affordable and owner occupied. There are many in Edison and Piscataway area. e.g. the supermarket casher just told me she lived at Village Gate at Edison, there were 3 buildings for people over 50 years old and the rent of 2br is not $1,400 to $1,500 as market price; she only pay 1/3 of her Shoprite cashier salary, about $700 a month. i.e. one can pay $700 to rent $1,500 market value 2br 2ba condo ...

Helen told me the other day that when she went to Chinatown Supermarket off Rt 27 Somerset, she saw two huge bus took about 100 people from Seninor housing (over 55 year old), and they came to shop with free ride. Most people are Chinese and in fact many knows her. She was also told every day the center at Somerset near Rutgers Chinese church outsourced the lunch to the famous Chinese restaurant at Rt 27 Edison with great lunch, and every Thursday, the bus even took all to eat out! What a great life!

Helen is so upset to find all these out since she is millionaire not qualified. So, tell your mother-in-law to look around town near you, there are lots of great deals like this in New Jersey.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,251 times
Retirement Homes, Retirement Communities & Senior Housing - RetirementHomes.com is the website that your mother-in-law may be able to use.

My ex colleague at AT&T did not have job for 4 years after 911, and went to sell stuff animal at street outside Metropolitan Museum, when I visited them, his mom, around 80 was crying at me saying their life is tough, and his father also privide ride to airport to make money.

But, you know, right after I told her to get nice senior housing, when they move out to this brind new Somerset housing, their room was rented $500 to Rutgers student, and make extra money eacy month, plus other saving when two few people living in the 3br townhouse.

Another one is the same when her son was laid off by Lucent, she applied for a nice senior housing, brand new, no need to pay heat in winter, lots of free services. and then he can rent out his 3br townhouse to collect $1700 rent a month.

So, there are many great deals out there in NJ, you just need to uncover it.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:12 PM

48 posts, read 158,723 times
Thank you for the replies.

My MIL was just down there again this weekend and finally found out that it is exactly as the posters mentioned - a "mobile home" community called Evergreen Woods. Just thought I'd pass this on.

Thanks again for the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey