Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:09 AM

6 posts, read 22,532 times

Advertisements

I need a new roof, (and gutters?) any sugestions?
I live in union county.
Had Accomplished construction do work for me and it was a really bad experience. Today A-1 American came for an estimate, but for some reason I thought A- 1 was similar to Accomplished. They both advertised in Union county area, but they are both from Fairlawn as I saw on the truck.
HELP !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,145 times
I used a Roofing Company in NJ called Carlson Brothers. I was happy with both the price and the work. It was easy, I viewed both the estimate and a photo of my home with different colors while at my desk on the computer via the web. Give them a try I think the site is [url=http://www.carlsonbrothers.com]Do I need a New Roof[/url]

Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,854,770 times
which is the company from fair lawn?

how much $$ are you looking at and how big of a house? what kind of roof?

(We need a new roof too...)

I was just about to make a post about roofs myself... I am wondering if we should not consider a metal roof...

Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,134 times
Hi

I have used Deegan Roofing, ( original )& Croce Builders ( Croce, best quality/price and work was completed in less than two days!)
As a rule I usually get three estimates, and work out the logistics from there.
Gutters are expensive, I was quoted over $1200 once, on a average home size.
Be a consumer, do your homework, IMO quality, time line, than price.

Good luck
Sligo

Old 12-02-2008, 07:33 AM
yCf

106 posts, read 533,182 times
I used a website called servicemagic.com
It allows you to submit a request for a job and contractors will then contact you for your request. The contractors in their system are pre-screened and certified.
You can also read reviews of the contractors after you submit a request.
I have used the site a few times - repair a window, a roof leak, and a winterizing my sprinkler and have positive experience with the contractors.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:49 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,005 times
Old thread. OP originally posted this back in '07.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,854,770 times
I got an add from Carlson saying $2500 fora cape. Seems very reasonable to me.

There's also this $1500 tax deduction if you use EnergyStar shingles, and I've also heard some of these shingles are not really any more expensive than regular shingles...

Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
I got an add from Carlson saying $2500 fora cape. Seems very reasonable to me.

There's also this $1500 tax deduction if you use EnergyStar shingles, and I've also heard some of these shingles are not really any more expensive than regular shingles...
My uncle used Carlson Brothers in Ramsey and my father in Fairview, good and cheap, I would use them.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 PM

777 posts, read 2,379,012 times
Default good company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew12 View Post
I used a Roofing Company in NJ called Carlson Brothers. I was happy with both the price and the work. It was easy, I viewed both the estimate and a photo of my home with different colors while at my desk on the computer via the web. Give them a try I think the site is Do I need a New Roof
I recommend them too. My friend used them for his house in Hackensack and they did it at a very reasonable price and banged it out in 1/2 a day with a large crew. Cleaned up all the mess too.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:37 AM

326 posts, read 1,301,194 times
When I worked in NJ I worked for a company called GAF... roofing manufacter.

You can call their hotline 888-532-5767 Option 3 and they will recommend some roofers in your area. You don't have to use their products if you don't want to. But they will give you a list of roofers that have been checked on as far has having insurance, doing a good job, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey