Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 PM

21 posts, read 51,990 times

Advertisements

A very close friend & baby have a 3 & 1/2 hour layover in the Newark Airport before an international flight tomorrow. Does anyone recommend a lounge in the airport worth going to? They do not have memberships or frequent flyer status's at any of the lounges but are flying on Continental. Thank you very much.

(*Flight was changed to reduce the layover to 3 & 1/2 hours from 6 hours).

Last edited by AtlHous; 08-23-2010 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Change in Flight/Layover time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 03:07 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,748,155 times
You can take the Train into Newark and go check out the Ironbound section aka little Portugal. Which is located East of Newark Penn station.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,355,453 times
Nexis ... I don't know of any hotel/motels in the Ironbound area, outside of the one right by Newark Penn (and that one's pricey).

Besides ... the train ride, while not long in and of itself, will take the better part of an hour each way, given waiting time, no?

There's GOT TO be something closer to the terminals, I would think.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
Nexis ... I don't know of any hotel/motels in the Ironbound area, outside of the one right by Newark Penn (and that one's pricey).

Besides ... the train ride, while not long in and of itself, will take the better part of an hour each way, given waiting time, no?

There's GOT TO be something closer to the terminals, I would think.
Its a layover , she or he doesn't need a hotel or motel. LOL , it means shes switching between planes. Theres a 3hr break period. A Train ride between the Airport and Penn Station takes 4-6mins.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:20 PM

Thank you "Nexis4Jersey"-since with a baby-they're hoping to stay in the airport. Thank you though.

Last edited by AtlHous; 08-23-2010 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Including Name

Old 08-23-2010, 03:22 PM

Right-but since they're continuing onto a long international flight-they're hoping for a place where they might be able to lie down or at the very least put the legs up & relax before the next leg of the journey. Any good lounge recommendations in the airport would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHous View Post
Thank you "Nexis4Jersey"-since with a baby-they're hoping to stay in the airport. Thank you though.
Oh i understand , unfortunate theres not much at the airport. You don't have to walk much if you go to the Ironbound , its 2 Trains and 10mins tops.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:27 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,355,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Oh i understand , unfortunate theres not much at the airport. You don't have to walk much if you go to the Ironbound , its 2 Trains and 10mins tops.
I still contend that the wait between trains is considerably longer than what you're estimating. It'll take 10 minutes just to use the monorail to the NJT station.

And I know of noplace in Ironbound, outside of some bars, that one could consider a "lounge". I don't think they want to bring the infant to a bar.

Nexis, I've seen you give great advice here, but I just don't agree with what you're saying in this thread.

PS: And G0D forbid NJT/Amtrak have another "glitch" on the NECorridor, or they might miss their connection.

Last edited by pvs; 08-23-2010 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: Add a P.S.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
I still contend that the wait between trains is considerably longer than what you're estimating. It'll take 10 minutes just to use the monorail to the NJT station.

And I know of noplace in Ironbound, outside of some bars, that one could consider a "lounge". I don't think they want to bring the infant to a bar.

Nexis, I've seen you give great advice here, but I just don't agree with what you're saying in this thread.
Ive taken the Train a few times form the Airport , so i think i know how long it takes. 6-15mins. Idk the Ironbound has something to offer for everybody.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:50 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Thank you-have a good evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: