U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 AM

4 posts, read 14,074 times

Advertisements

If you know of someone selling a house or condo in Highlands ,NJ Monmouth County please let me know. Prefer something with a water view. Thanks a bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 11:01 AM

1,346 posts, read 1,571,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawk View Post
If you know of someone selling a house or condo in Highlands ,NJ Monmouth County please let me know. Prefer something with a water view. Thanks a bunch.
your best bets would be to visit the area, of view the ads on APP.COM | Asbury Park Press Online, you can also google the northern monmout MLS and then search for what is for sale in highlands, be prepared to spend $$ for a view of the water

Old 11-10-2007, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,975 times
Thumbs up Condo's

I know of many Condo's for sale in Highlands. You can take the Ferry to Manhattan and it stops at the business area also. There is one for sale at Bayview Condo, perfect location, Waterview, but not by the beach where its very noisy in the summer and cold winds in the winter. Not by a dumpster and is up stairs. Over looks the parking lot for the Ferry, which also has nice trees in front. Its the best location of the whole complex. Do not move in the middle rows of this complex. You can hear other people talking on the phones, and is like a wind tunnel. This lady's place is the best. Quiet neighbors, no kids. She is a neighbor of my best friends co-worker. Saymark is the realtor. Apt. B9. Bayview Condo's. 330 Shore Drive. 4 minute walk to the Ferry. Asking $177,000.00 Time to buy now, the market is for the buyers, not for the sellers

Old 11-10-2007, 07:33 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,138,682 times
Do you REALLY want to move to Highlands?
Sorry to be a downer but...
I grew up there! Many of us couldn't wait to be of age to get out. It is definately a white ghetto!
Go down there during the day and at NIGHT! Bay avenue is trolling with undesirables!
Be careful!
Shanny

Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 PM

522 posts, read 857,366 times
Arrow Dont go there!! CRIME!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawk View Post
Dear friend,
I have spent many years in the NJ area ..that area is not what it used to be!
If you want a house (small cottage) I have one in Brigantine ,cheap. It is an outstanding neighborhood almost crime free and near all the AC attractions.
The funds for this place will benefit the marine ctr in Brigantine..
type this address into your top address bar to see pictures..
Home (broken link)
Even if you don't want this home ..there are plenty of condos there too and the area is a million dollar neighborhood.God bless and I wish you and yours well.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:53 AM

2,689 posts, read 2,847,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
Dear friend,
I have spent many years in the NJ area ..that area is not what it used to be!
If you want a house (small cottage) I have one in Brigantine ,cheap. It is an outstanding neighborhood almost crime free and near all the AC attractions.
The funds for this place will benefit the marine ctr in Brigantine..
type this address into your top address bar to see pictures..
Home
Even if you don't want this home ..there are plenty of condos there too and the area is a million dollar neighborhood.God bless and I wish you and yours well.
and how far is brigantine from highlands?

Old 11-12-2007, 11:27 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,138,682 times
Brigatine is basically a suburb of Atlantic City.
I know nothing of Brigatine but I DO know about Highlands.!
Sad place....really!!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 7,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Do you REALLY want to move to Highlands?
Sorry to be a downer but...
I grew up there! Many of us couldn't wait to be of age to get out. It is definately a white ghetto!
Go down there during the day and at NIGHT! Bay avenue is trolling with undesirables!
Be careful!
Shanny
Hi, WHEN was last time you were here. I just moved in 3 years ago...the street I live on has small well kept homes, AND neighbors all around have been improving ( me included) our homes...BAY loaded with undisireables?
Not sure where you have walked...I lived in pretty nice areas, Marblehead , Massachusettes, Morris Plains, NJ the Highlands is going through a real gentrification..you should visit again...

Old 04-04-2008, 10:38 AM

2,689 posts, read 2,847,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesloverepeat View Post
Hi, WHEN was last time you were here. I just moved in 3 years ago...the street I live on has small well kept homes, AND neighbors all around have been improving ( me included) our homes...BAY loaded with undisireables?
Not sure where you have walked...I lived in pretty nice areas, Marblehead , Massachusettes, Morris Plains, NJ the Highlands is going through a real gentrification..you should visit again...
maybe we see things through different filters, but bay ave and much of lower highlands is pretty dumpy, between the drugged out ones, the old drunken clammers and the new section 8 crowd you've got a collection of low lifes there that is hard to beat

Old 04-19-2008, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 7,514 times
Default I guess we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
maybe we see things through different filters, but bay ave and much of lower highlands is pretty dumpy, between the drugged out ones, the old drunken clammers and the new section 8 crowd you've got a collection of low lifes there that is hard to beat
Section 8 crowd ( isn't it nice to not be poor?) are back behind the Gas staion and convenience store ...old drunken clammers? drugged out crowd? WHERE did you live? Keansburg?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or