U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,017 times

Advertisements

We are planning to relocate from PA to Hamilton, NJ. Came across an ad from Ryan Homes for Christopher Estates located near Hamilton Train Station under Hamilton Township School District. Are the Hamilton Township schools good. The taxes come to about $14000 per year which is kinda huge compared to PA. Also have an autistic child and earlier heard good things about NJ schools and their programs for kids on the spectrum. But I came across some threads here which dont say so. Kindly advise. Need to come to a decision before the end of this month as Ryan Homes are offering freen basement and sun room. Please advise.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 04:29 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,128,367 times
Hamilton overall is very nice. It's just the area immediately surrounding Trenton (which is not the area in question) that is shady. The neighborhood this development is in, is nice and quiet. Hamilton schools, from what I know (I don't have kids but I have a lot of friends that do) are decent. Again, the Hamilton schools that border Trenton are iffy, but the rest are average or a little better. I have a few friends that grew up in Hamilton and they turned out fine, went to college, got good jobs, and are now starting families of their own in Hamilton or the surrounding area. Not a bad place to raise a family if you like the 'burbs...you will be very close to a movie theater and the mall.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:09 PM

31 posts, read 204,523 times
The area by the train station is quite nice. Hamilton has their act together... soon the whole town is supposed to be wired for free wi-fi. And the train station area will be having a strip mall with a cheesecake factory. There will be lots of sculptures that are overflowing from the Grounds for Sculpture.

I already commented re: autism in NJ but here's the info for the local AutismSpeaks 888-777-6227 x15 or NewJersey@autismspeaks.org

Old 09-01-2007, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,621 times
Hamilton is a very nice area all together...

You can get useful info on (www.lovehamilton.com)

Welcome to Hamilton!...

LoveHamilton.com

Old 09-05-2007, 07:46 AM

2,590 posts, read 5,882,901 times
Me and my wife were looking at Ryan homes and were impressed by what we saw.... Until I googled Ryan Homes Complaints / Problems and I came up with pages and pages of complaints. I would recommend you do some research on the builder, I wouldn't touch any of these crappy build houses now from what I read.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:30 AM

2,866 posts, read 8,280,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lata_b View Post
We are planning to relocate from PA to Hamilton, NJ. Came across an ad from Ryan Homes for Christopher Estates located near Hamilton Train Station under Hamilton Township School District. Are the Hamilton Township schools good. The taxes come to about $14000 per year which is kinda huge compared to PA. Also have an autistic child and earlier heard good things about NJ schools and their programs for kids on the spectrum. But I came across some threads here which dont say so. Kindly advise. Need to come to a decision before the end of this month as Ryan Homes are offering freen basement and sun room. Please advise.
I feel the taxes are a bit high for Hamilton. I saw many houses there 2 1/2 years ago before we knew we would get a transfer and not one had taxes that high. We were looking in the $450,-$480 range so I'm not sure if those are higher. I know notthing about that builder other than unfavorable comments I read on Line.
Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or