U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:15 PM

91 posts, read 437,956 times

Advertisements

We recently moved from Jersey. We're contemplating moving back.
My problem is the houses for sale there are just not worth the money people are asking for it.
I mean Little Egg Harbor is an increasingly popular area to live. The only reason is, anything north of it is too expensive. I get disgusted when I search for homes up there, but I understand. I made a killing when I sold my NJ home in late 2005.
The sellers are reluctant to correct their sales price of the homes in NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 06:56 PM

69 posts, read 251,432 times
Question Why is our's not moving?

[quote=Onizuka;973915] potential buyers are always going to look at the cheapest ones first.
well that's what i thought but our house is on the market now since may 16 and we have only had 2 lookers so we had an open house and a realtor brought someone to look but haven't heard back yet but anyways we are priced below $300,000. and was told that there isn't to many houses out there in our price range so with that we thought our house would sell or at least have many lookers and that is not the case. everyone says you have to find that right price, well if we are at the bottom of the price list how come no one is looking? and to think i was worried that we would sell our house to fast.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:15 PM

857 posts, read 1,766,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnefam5 View Post
well if we are at the bottom of the price list how come no one is looking?

the entire list is too high.

This is what a lot of homeowners fail to understand -they let their emotions get in the way. The real estate market is - exactly that: a market. Your house is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. Right now, there isn't anyone willing to pay 300k for your house. The problem is, at every level of the market (starter, mid-level, mansion, etc), no buyer is satisfied with the quality of the home they can get for what they can reasonably afford. The entire market needs a correction for houses to start selling again.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:21 PM

91 posts, read 437,956 times
Default I agree JY

I am a little nervous down here in GA. The housing market still has a heartbeat though. It's still the NorthEast's and Florida's escape. I might be able to price it a little more than I paid for it. I did a lot of upgrades to it. I wish I could lift up the house and bring it back to Jersey. It'd cost 400+ up there.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:29 PM

37 posts, read 160,861 times
Roslrv is correct telling you take a good look at your Realtor.com listing.
70-80% of all home buyers start online. Every home listed on MLS gets listed on Realtor.com, but many Agents have upgraded options that allow for them to add more copy on features and more pctures.
If you do not have great pictures, added descriptions and extra info you may get passed over. Also...make sure the link from your house listing that connects a potential buyer to your agent is working. ( The ad on the side that says for more information contact "your agent" )
I have had several instances where the link was not operating correctly..losing interested buyers to the next listing.
As an Agent, in Central NJ, I can tell you that many people call me and tell me what they want to see, based on what they saw on the internet.
Does your Agent have you in the Homes or Harmon Homes magazines that are available for free in most grocery and convienence stores?

Open houses in residential areas do work! People who are just beginning their search often drive around an area they like looking for them.They are sometimes shy about going to a Real Estate Agent, thinking they will have some major committment or cost.Youd be surprised at how many people DONT know that its the Seller that usually pays the commission!
Good luck and be positive...
Hope this helps!

Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM

665 posts, read 1,717,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanlynn1012 View Post
Please help!!! Trying to sell our home in Little Egg Harbor, HAVE to sell our home actually. It has been up for about a month with no calls!!!! We lowered our price 10k, held one open house. Please if any one has any advice to offer on what we can do or what my realtor can do, let me know. I beleive we are really fair in price at 289K 3 bedrooms 2 baths, remodeled pretty much everwhere, new deck & landscaping. Only 12 yrs old in a area called Osborne Island near all waterfront homes & bay.
PLEASE HELP
Thanks
Shanlynn,
We are in the same boat in Beachwood Ours also been up for 1 mnth no calls eitherOur price seems not so high, 259,000 , We have 3 bdrms 1 bath full basement attic ,deck, pool , 2 ponds.wooded and quiet backyard.I put my house online with a newspaper up north.Our home should be going MLS very soon, and I told the realtor I want an open house. I wouldnt reccomend the company I am with to anyone whom asks.Unfortunatley we are stuck. Oh well GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:14 PM

88 posts, read 360,537 times
Default Little Egg Harbor

Advertise. There several free websites for real estate advertising. Also, make sure you have a box in the yard with fliers, it helps track how many people are taking them and then calling. If the fliers are taken and you're not getting calls, then you're too high.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 AM

94 posts, read 307,502 times
Default Free Sites

Hi
What are some of the free sites, so far I have it up on Zillow & Craigslist, are there more?
The realtor has it on MLS, realtor.com & the her own website. She jsut put the info box in the yard.
Thanks

Old 07-09-2007, 06:44 AM

1,508 posts, read 5,385,556 times
Default Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanlynn1012 View Post
Hi
What are some of the free sites, so far I have it up on Zillow & Craigslist, are there more?
The realtor has it on MLS, realtor.com & the her own website. She jsut put the info box in the yard.
Thanks

Did you post it here?
I thought CD created a FOR SALE or REAL ESTATE forum.
Local newspapers?

Just trying to help

Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 AM

88 posts, read 360,537 times
Default free sites

Try NJville.com you can put several pics on, and they contact you for updates monthly. Sometimes I do a search on the MLS for similar homes that have sold and email the agent my listing in case they have another client in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey