U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:26 PM

18 posts, read 28,260 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I moved to NJ couple of days ago, and now looking for furniture. Need to have bedroom sets and sofa as well.

I was thinking to get used ones first, but could not find anything appropriate on craigslist. Now, checking out IKEA and www.bedroomfurnitureandmore.com online store.

Where would you advise to look for?! Please suggest.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 03:34 PM

153 posts, read 586,173 times
I bought all my furniture at Ashley Furniture store on Route 1. They are reasonably priced, good quality furniture, and they offer financing if you need. They weren't very pushy or anything either, like i had experienced at other stores in the area.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:31 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,156,722 times
I like Ashley's too. They are pretty laid back. I went to both the one in Secaucus and the one in Linden. It is a little pricey to me, but that might be because I am kinda cheap when it comes to furniture. Bob's seems okay, but they are a little more pushy.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:20 PM

18 posts, read 28,260 times
thanks guys...I found South Shore Furniture- Bedroom, Office & Kids Furniture by South Shore which looks affordable. will visit the stores you've mentioned as well.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:48 PM

2,773 posts, read 2,283,230 times
jonathantm- why do I think you are spamming us?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:51 AM

97 posts, read 276,709 times
I bought my furniture at Macy's. I didn't like the furniture at Ashely's. I thought the furniture at Ashley's was cheap and poorly made. For an extra $2-300 Macy's is the better buy in my opinion.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 AM

75 posts, read 245,514 times
You can go to Unclaimed Freight! I bought my furniture there and I didn't spent too much (I don't go to these expensive stores like Ashley's or Macy's, because at the end I will get the same thing @ Unclaimed Freight - It's like Marshalls but for Furniture)

The only issue is with the delivery - store doesn't provide delivery service - they can hire an external company to do it, but it's a little bit slow and people are really lazy, better if you can rent a truck and do it by yourself.

Regards

Old 09-21-2010, 01:59 PM

14,781 posts, read 36,775,146 times
We bought most of our furniture at either Raymour and Flanigan or Ashley's. We've also picked up a couple pieces at "The Dump", which is kind of like Unclaimed Freight. Overall most of the stuff is cheap veneered pieces, even from Macy's. If you aren't spending a ton, you are getting pretty much the same at all the stores.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:02 PM

17,579 posts, read 40,590,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
We bought most of our furniture at either Raymour and Flanigan or Ashley's. We've also picked up a couple pieces at "The Dump", which is kind of like Unclaimed Freight. Overall most of the stuff is cheap veneered pieces, even from Macy's. If you aren't spending a ton, you are getting pretty much the same at all the stores.
We must be passing each other in the stores.

I usually try The Dump first. If they have what I am looking for it is usually the cheapest. Next I usually do R and F because we know someone who works there and gets a good discount. Decent quality stuff and they seem to stand behind it. Every once in a while we check out Ashley's.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM

12,284 posts, read 32,193,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrz77 View Post
I bought my furniture at Macy's. I didn't like the furniture at Ashely's. I thought the furniture at Ashley's was cheap and poorly made. For an extra $2-300 Macy's is the better buy in my opinion.
I'm not a fan of Ashley's either. I can't put my finger on it - it seems like they are trying to be classy but fail. It's like a "tacky ornate" or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or