Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:55 PM

56 posts, read 249,726 times

Advertisements

We are sprucing up our 4 bedroom 13 year old colonial on 1 acre in eastern Hunterdon County to sell. Someone on our street just sold their house after a year on the market ,but their house was very overpriced to begin with. In your part of Jersey are houses selling well? Just curious if any parts of the state are experiencing a decent sellers market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 06:09 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,620,616 times
i'm not selling, but watch the market closely. things are selling here (morris cnty), but very slowly. people just aren't getting that they need to drop their prices - everyone's pricing as if it's 2005 and they're hell-bent on doubling or tripling their investment. i do know someone who went under contract in a week - dollars to donuts this place was priced low(coupled with the luck of finding that perfect buyer). my next door neighbor took 6 months, which seems to be about the average time here. good luck to you

Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,311,650 times
They're definitely selling slower here in Woodbridge Township. A year ago, you could put a For Sale sign on a house in my area on Friday, and it'd be under contract by Monday. They're sitting for 2-3 months on average now, and they've got to be priced right to even sell that quickly now.

Bob

Old 06-06-2007, 07:09 AM

79 posts, read 498,035 times
I am also not selling, looking to buy. In my area, some of these homes are over priced and are lowing their prices. Even with a reduced price these homes are not selling. On an average these homes are on the market between 6 to 8 mths (even longer).

Good luck-

Old 06-06-2007, 07:58 AM

9,304 posts, read 16,609,152 times
Default Townhouses

Townhouses seem to be selling in 2-3 months in Hanover (Morris)

Old 06-06-2007, 08:12 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,781,646 times
Im in South Amboy, and selling my single family home for a very fair price. Had in on the market for 2months and had few look at it. Thats It. It really sucks where I am trying to just atleast walk with breaking even. Not looking to make anything off my property do to some things on my end.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:01 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,192,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeandFamily View Post
Im in South Amboy, and selling my single family home for a very fair price. Had in on the market for 2months and had few look at it. Thats It. It really sucks where I am trying to just atleast walk with breaking even. Not looking to make anything off my property do to some things on my end.

you might want to reconsider how fair the price really is based on the fact that it isn't getting any looks. Have you looked at any comps? are you in line with recent sales?
Your statement "I'm just trying to break even" shows that you may be in denial and that you are not willing to accept the fact that values are lower now than in the past year or 2.
The market determines what a fair price is, not what you need to break even.
Give it some thought and good luck

Old 06-06-2007, 10:15 AM

202 posts, read 991,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
Your statement "I'm just trying to break even" shows that you may be in denial and that you are not willing to accept the fact that values are lower now than in the past year or 2.
The market determines what a fair price is, not what you need to break even.
Give it some thought and good luck

Well said. A house is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not what the owner wants/needs to pocket.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:57 AM

69 posts, read 294,372 times
Unhappy 3 weeks

we put our house on the market 3 weeks ago and we only had one showing it's almost like if it's not listed, i can't believe only one couple came to see it, can anyone tell me is this normal or will things pick up or what's the story when we listed it i was afraid it was going to sell to fast (boy was i wrong)

Old 06-06-2007, 11:35 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,192,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnefam5 View Post
we put our house on the market 3 weeks ago and we only had one showing it's almost like if it's not listed, i can't believe only one couple came to see it, can anyone tell me is this normal or will things pick up or what's the story when we listed it i was afraid it was going to sell to fast (boy was i wrong)
It's hard to say, there could be many factors, is your town desirable? how are the taxes? did you do your homework by checking recent sales in your area, maybe you're priced at too high of a price point. it is a tough market, good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey