Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:03 PM

551 posts, read 1,187,478 times

Advertisements

+1 Verizon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
I lived and work in the Princeton area. I have had Verizon for a number of years and it has been extremely reliable. I honestly don't remember the last time I had an issue with service.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:36 PM

728 posts, read 1,964,598 times
Verizon all day

Old 09-21-2010, 07:00 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times
Verizon. For smart phones AT&T is better for data via 3G, but for general phone use Verizon.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Verizon is the best. T-mobile is, by far, the worst. AT&T is ok, but not as good as Verizon. I never tried Sprint.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
Verizon, then AT&T. Sprint and T-Mobile in NJ are pretty bad.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:09 AM

40 posts, read 204,224 times
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks a lot friends for your kindly concern.
Nearly you all suggest Verizon, is it also advisable with its price?
Because we are sometimes going to talk abroad with our families..
I am asking this to you because you are living there and able to compare the networks with also prices.
Sometimes the web sites won't be reliable in my opinion..

Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,364,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susemi View Post
is it also advisable with its price?
Because we are sometimes going to talk abroad with our families.
Whenever I or my wife need to call internationally, we buy a $5.00 phone card and use a local access number. This goes for cell as well as land-lines. Phone cards vary, but if you shop and experiment with them, you are sure to be able to find one that charges less than a nickel ($0.05) per minute (and many times much less than that). Of course, it depends also on which country/city you are calling.

So, using a phone card, it really won't matter much WHICH phone company you go with ... and if you make the international call during "free nights/weekends", there is NO LOCAL ACCESS FEE at all.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:29 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
For international calling, you are probably better off using a landline with an international plan. Many times phone service is bundled with your TV and internet plan and the charge to cover international calls is pretty cheap. You can also try the new Google phone service, which has the cheapest international rates I've ever seen.

As for cell plans, my wife and I have had all 4 major ones at different times; Verizon, Sprint, ATT and T-mobile. We currently have Verizon.

In terms of coverage I think it goes something like this:

1. Verizon
2. ATT
3. Sprint
4. T-mobile

Verizon is far and away the best. ATT isn't that bad, but not as good as Verizon. Sprint is decent, but worse than ATT. T-mobile is the worst by far.

When it comes to data plans for smart phones it goes like this:

1. Sprint
2. ATT
3. Verizon
4. T-mobile

Sprint has the fastest data network hands down and is the only one with true 4G. ATT is good as they give you true 3G coverage, but it's limited. Verizon has their version of 3G available pretty much everywhere, but it's slower than the other two. T-mobile is again, the worst one of the bunch.

In terms of price:

1. T-mobile
2. Sprint
3. ATT / Verizon

T-mobile is the cheapest and for good reason. Sprint is the cheapest of the 3 main carriers and has the cheapest data plans by far. Verizon and ATT are pretty much equal on pricing and both can kill you price wise on the data plans.

Overall, if you want an I Phone, you need ATT as they are the only carrier. If you just want to make calls, text, and occasionally web browse than Verizon is the best. If you are a hardcore smart phone user than Sprint is probably the best bet.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:04 PM

40 posts, read 204,224 times
Thanks a lot everybody.

NJGOAT, you answered my question with all details, thanks a lot for spending time.

I want to buy an I-Phone. I am going to use internet and MSN Messenger for talking with my family. So ATT is the only network I can use with I-Phone???

Thanks a lot again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey