U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 05:43 AM

1,297 posts, read 2,653,680 times
Western PA has them really really bad. All my family and friends over there keep saying they have like 30 something of them in there houses and hundreds to thousands more covering the outside of their houses. I had them real bad when I was still living in PA also. So far here in Hudson County I have only seen one and hope it stays that way!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 AM

4,659 posts, read 6,189,749 times
Not sure why everyone is saying the don't smell. They reek!!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:23 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,554,856 times
They do smell, they surely do.......
Best thing that worked for us is spraying the outside of the house. It keeps them from landing and they head elsewhere.
I hate bugs, and these are no fun. They can be around in winter as they have a gel in them which keeps them from freezing.
We spray outside, and then respray........( I'm sure a pet control would work well too)

Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM

18 posts, read 17,888 times
I am in Eastern PA and get a few in the one room every other day or so.. I crush them and never smelled a thing either has my wife or oldest son. If you read about them they don't always smell to some people but others its crazy stinky, etc.

Now what really smells is the ladybug looking things that swarmed all over my front door/siding last October and when you crunch them it smells like rotten potatoes I had them in the house for a month or so til they went away.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 AM
pvs

1,530 posts, read 1,566,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
( I'm sure a pet control would work well too)
LOL!!! Yeah, sometimes we get a couple in the apartment, and our kitty loves them. We rarely see them anymore.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 AM

97 posts, read 277,684 times
Default what are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
They do smell, they surely do.......
Best thing that worked for us is spraying the outside of the house. It keeps them from landing and they head elsewhere.
I hate bugs, and these are no fun. They can be around in winter as they have a gel in them which keeps them from freezing.
We spray outside, and then respray........( I'm sure a pet control would work well too)
do you spray yourself or hire an exterminator? what area of the outside are you spraying? wondering if this is something i can take on myself...hubby is not much help.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 262 times
Angry Buried alive under stink bugs

Here in northern Somerset County I can ged rid of as many as 40 in a day in my house.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:44 PM

4,757 posts, read 9,513,815 times
I guess these things hate urban environments? I've never encountered them (and I'm glad!!)

Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM

13,315 posts, read 13,554,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timer00 View Post
I am in Eastern PA and get a few in the one room every other day or so.. I crush them and never smelled a thing either has my wife or oldest son. If you read about them they don't always smell to some people but others its crazy stinky, etc.

Now what really smells is the ladybug looking things that swarmed all over my front door/siding last October and when you crunch them it smells like rotten potatoes I had them in the house for a month or so til they went away.
The ladybug looking things are a stink bug too. They are here in the south. I havn't yet to smell one of them. The other big ones are gosh awful.http://www.pestmall.com/blog/pest-in...brown-lady-bug

Name: Kudzu bug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey