U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 AM

35 posts, read 43,929 times
Default Hi

I will get the info from my friend and PM you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 11:10 PM

786 posts, read 1,602,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchie3 View Post
As I have been here for over 30 years I have seen very little activity as far as moving goes. Most of the people I am friends with (met through my kids in school) are still in town. Many of their grown children are moving into town. My neighbors are basically the same. Only a few houses have changed hands due to death or divorce. I,of course, can only speak for the limited number of people I know but I do not see a big transition in Cranford. The same people at the pool,library,shops, schools,restaurants etc. from year to year. I like the fact people actually know you when you enter their establishment.
If you choose Cranford I am confident you will be very happy with your decision for years to come.
I also think that there is a homey 'feel' to Cranford unlike other neighboring towns. People are friendly and welcoming. There is a Newcomers Club you may want to join if you move here to meet other young families. I can get you info if you want it.
there is some movement obviously, but you're right in that it is a great town to live in. not too rural, not too urbanized like the towns closer to NYC. the river running through the town, the canoeing, add to the outdoorsy feel.

my parents lived here, and later we bought the house from them when they retired to south jersey. the house is from the late 1950s, and yet i think only 2 families (i'm including my parents and mine as one family) have lived here, which tells you how long people stay.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:37 PM

786 posts, read 1,602,846 times
to the new residents:

most of the flooding is in the north part of town, towards the nomahegan park area. southside, i haven't heard of any problems.

physically, cranford is the most beautiful of any of the surrounding towns, not only because it kept away big mall stores and fast food restaurants and grocery chains (which kinda sucks for the tax base though), but because it's a town that revolves around a river running through it. check out the cranford canoe club, and go canoeing during summer.

Cranford Canoe Club

here's the flickr page of cranford nj:

Flickr: Cranford Township, New Jersey (NJ) (http://www.flickr.com/groups/cranford/ - broken link)

here's the town gossip forum (probably the only one of its kind in the area):

Cranford Talk • View forum - CranfordTalk - Cranford Topics

Old 12-14-2010, 07:48 PM

17,229 posts, read 13,254,076 times
cranford was a place that i considered when i moved from brooklyn. but i didnt like the charming homes bunched together on tiny plots of land. there is an older feel to the area and not in the way i like. i like the open space, modern homes, etc. the only things i like with an older look are some of the farms in the area.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:08 AM

3 posts, read 3,128 times
Anybody have any information about the area on/around Benjamin st? Looking at a house there with husband and baby, want to be sure its safe. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey