U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 106,831 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will be moving to Woodbridge very soon with work location in NYC.Had some questions.Pl advise...

- I heard it is impossible to get car parking spaces/passes at Metropark station? Is this true? or was this thing in the past?
- Is it easy to get monthly parking passes at Metropark immediately or do you have to wait?
- Is it rather advisable to walk from your apt complex to the station?
- Are there any buses/shuttles at all to ferry you from near the apt to the station?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 12:17 PM

1,346 posts, read 1,570,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victors View Post
Hi,

I will be moving to Woodbridge very soon with work location in NYC.Had some questions.Pl advise...

- I heard it is impossible to get car parking spaces/passes at Metropark station? Is this true? or was this thing in the past?
- Is it easy to get monthly parking passes at Metropark immediately or do you have to wait?
- Is it rather advisable to walk from your apt complex to the station?
- Are there any buses/shuttles at all to ferry you from near the apt to the station?

Thanks!

it may be hard to get a monthly pass ( I don't know for certain) but they have ample daily parking spots

Old 07-02-2007, 12:36 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,094,329 times
The days of leaving your parking permit to your kids in your will were over when the parking decks got built in the late 90's. As Kort said, there's always plenty of daily parking (the surface lot never even needs to get used except on snowy days when more people than usual use the trains). Monthly permits are still available as well- I believe they cost $65/month, while daily parking is around $80 ($5/day).

Regarding walking from your apartment, there are a few apartment complexes that are walkable, but many of them are a little further than you may want to walk. You should check out the NJ Transit bus schedules, though, because there are local buses from some areas of Woodbridge and Edison that will drop you at Metropark- if you can find a complex near the bus stops, you're set.

Bob

Old 07-02-2007, 01:08 PM

Hey Kort and Bob ..many thanks...this is a relief...

Bob,
About the monthly passes,how to I get them? I visited Untitled Document to buy monthly pass but all I see is a parking application.

- Do I have to fill that application and wait till they drop the permit at my home?
- Do I have to fill the application for daily parking as well or do I just get my car and park wherever I want in the daily parking lot?

Thanks!!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:44 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,094,329 times
I don't know who you contact regarding the permit, but for daily parking, you just show up and park. Each spot is numbered, and you go to a machine near the elevators, enter your spot #, and then insert $5 for every 24-hour period your car will be there.

Bob

Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 AM

Hi Frank,

Thanks! Since you have been in the area for long, can you please help me on the following....
- Any recommendations on apt complexes there? Main objective is should be close to Metropark station.I will be keeping a car anyways but wanted to know if at all the distance from these complexes to the station is walkable.

I am looking for a 1BR with a budget of around $1300-1400.

- Do you know where and how I can get the parking monthly passes? Do we get them immediately or is there a wait period?

Thanks again!

Old 10-19-2011, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 20,404 times
I would like the rates for parking at Metro Park Train Station, Islin, NJ

Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 AM

312 posts, read 1,001,518 times
There is a waiting list for monthly parking which is a few months.
The website is here: https://www.nexusparkingsystems.com/metropark-parking-facility.cfm
There is also a parking office on the first floor in what I believe is the west parking deck.
Monthly is $70/month
Reserved monthly is $130 a month but that is prob sold out and there is prob a waiting list for that

Daily rates are:
0 - 16 Hours $5.00 16 - 20 Hours $7.00 20 - 24 Hours $9.00

Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 14,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
The days of leaving your parking permit to your kids in your will were over when the parking decks got built in the late 90's. As Kort said, there's always plenty of daily parking (the surface lot never even needs to get used except on snowy days when more people than usual use the trains). Monthly permits are still available as well- I believe they cost $65/month, while daily parking is around $80 ($5/day).

Regarding walking from your apartment, there are a few apartment complexes that are walkable, but many of them are a little further than you may want to walk. You should check out the NJ Transit bus schedules, though, because there are local buses from some areas of Woodbridge and Edison that will drop you at Metropark- if you can find a complex near the bus stops, you're set.

Bob
Planing to use the long term overnight parking from 5/9/13-5/13/13, and just will be paying daily fees for the same but want to know availabilty around 11 AM on 5/9/13 and if none, what alternatives are there?.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:49 AM

12 posts, read 20,110 times
i found this reply about the metropark station.
Do they still have daily parking available
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or