U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 11:20 AM

15,102 posts, read 13,784,630 times

Advertisements

Sounds like BCJ is afraid of the governor. I enjoy seeing his opponents call him names and stomp their feet like four year old little girls. Bravo for your maturity!

Fat lard ass? Yeah, very creative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,970,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Easy to talk tough over a computer.

What do you mean? Who is talking tough? Strange.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:19 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,666,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
How is it proportionately less? I don't get it.
You're right, you don't get it...

Quote:
Here is the 2010 tax bracket for federal income:

Tax Bracket Married Filing Jointly Single 10% Bracket $0 – $16,750 $0 – $8,375 15% Bracket $16,750 – $68,000 $8,375 – $34,000 25% Bracket $68,000 – $137,300 $34,000 – $82,400 28% Bracket $137,300 – $209,250 $82,400 – $171,850 33% Bracket $209,250 – $373,650 $171,850 – $373,650 35% Bracket Over $373,650 Over $373,650
New Jersey:
[SIZE=1]If your income range is between $0 and $20,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 1.4%.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]If your income range is between $20,001 and $35,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 1.75%.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]If your income range is between $35,001 and $40,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 3.5%.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]If your income range is between $40,001 and $75,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 5.525%.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]If your income range is between $75,001 and $500,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 6.37%.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]If your income range is $500,001 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 8.97%.[/SIZE]

Base on the two table, higher income pay a lot more tax. At the highest bracket, that's a combine for 44%. That's almost 50% of the income goes to the government. I don't understand what good does it do for you if government take more from you and me.
Thanks for the myopic presentation of "income tax" brackets as being the primary determinant of what people pay in taxes. Unfortunately, what you don't get is that this is actually a small part of the big picture. It is easy to arrange "income tax" brackets in a way that on paper makes it look like the wealthy are being more heavily taxed in proportion in order to fool the majority of people to believe what they want you to believe.

However, the REALITY is that "income" is defined in such a way as to allow the wealthy to earn the bulk of their income so that it is not defined as "income" but as "gains" which are taxed at a far, far lower rate, giving these wealthy an overall effective tax rate that is proportionately FAR LOWER than what lower earners are paying.

Try reading this article in Forbes to get an understanding:

The Best Tax Breaks Go To The Rich - Forbes.com

From that article:

Quote:
For the 400 richest Americans, 2010 may go down as the best year ever when it comes to paying taxes. A fixture since 1916, the federal estate tax lapsed on Jan. 1, potentially saving huge sums for the heirs of Metromedia founder John Kluge, Texas pipeline tycoon Dan L. Duncan, Yankees owner George Steinbrenner and other billionaires who died this year (see "Departures").

The top individual tax rate on long-term capital gains has stood at 15% since 2003--its lowest since 1933. Because the top 400 earners derived two-thirds of their $345 million in average gross from gains, they got clipped by an effective tax of only 16.6% in 2007 (the latest available year), down from 29.9% in 1995. "As long as capital gains are taxed at a lower rate, the top 400 will pay less than the merely rich,'' says Leonard Burman, a Syracuse University professor. Indeed, the merely rich--those with adjusted gross of $1 million to $5 million--paid 24% because more of their income comes from salary and other earnings taxed at a 35% rate.
Quote:
If you still think it is unfair because the rich ONLY pay 44%, government should take more. You need to go get your head exam.
No, if you still think it is unfair to the rich that they pay only 15% for almost a decade while the not-so-rich pay 29.9% and the middle class wage-earners pay upwards of 35% then you need to get your head examined.

Quote:
Honestly, if you think you want a more level playground, write and call your representatives and tell them you don't want a tax increase for the rich. What you want is a tax cut for the middle and poor class. If spending is what the government want to stimulus the economy, I am sure the extra money in your pocket instead of the government will surely help.
Honestly, if you want a more level playground, write and call your representative and tell them you don't want capital gains tax breaks for the rich and you want all their income to be taxed at the same rate, and THEN the tax brackets will have more meaning.

What you want is a tax cut for the rich above and beyond what they already have. What you want is for the rest of us to pay upwards of 30-35% while the rich continue to go down from 15% in what they pay in tax.

And I agree, I'm sure the extra money in MY pocket and the pockets of those in the middle class with me INSTEAD of the pockets of the government OR THE RICH will definitely stimulate the economy. Raise taxes on the rich and cut taxes for us in the middle class.

The problem is that so many of you are fooled and brainwashed with trickle-down theory garbage so you defend the rich in their efforts to hold onto their wealth while the tax burden is shifted to those of us who actually spend our money in the economy rather than hoard it, as the rich are doing right now.

Warren Buffet admitted it (as he seems to be one of a few wealthy with something of a social conscience) and what he said backs up the Forbes article and what I'm claiming above:

Quote:
In particular Buffett urged the Senate Finance Committee not to repeal the estate tax. It is scheduled to come up for a vote, perhaps as soon as this week.

He told the committee that he recently compared how much he pays in taxes in terms of a percentage of his salary to what his employees pay.

The results? Buffett says he pays 18 percent of his salary to the IRS while the rest of his staff pays nearly twice that — 33 percent, a lopsided equation that put Buffett in a Robin Hood frame of mind.

"Frankly, an economy where my receptionist pays a lot higher tax rate than, than I do does not strike me as a just economy," he told lawmakers.

Buffet has challenged the elite members of the Forbes 400 list to do their own calculations and compare their tax rate with their receptionists, and then consider his challenge that the rich should pay more.

"I see nothing wrong with those who have been blessed by this society to give a larger portion of their income to the society than somebody that's working very, very hard to make ends meet," Buffett said.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3869458&page=1

What are you people paying less than 18% in taxes??? Are you paying less than Warren Buffett in taxes to the point that you go out of your way to defend people as wealthy as he is??? I find that hard to believe - I know I'm paying much more, proportionately, and even Warren Buffett himself backs that up.

Last edited by BergenCountyJohnny; 09-30-2010 at 03:29 PM..

Old 09-30-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Sounds like BCJ is afraid of the governor. I enjoy seeing his opponents call him names and stomp their feet like four year old little girls. Bravo for your maturity!

Fat lard ass? Yeah, very creative.
What, he doesn't call his opponents names and stomp his feet like a Simba the baby Elephant???

All he does is throw tantrums. You should have read my story, it illustrates how he is all about yelling and screaming and bullying and pointing his fat sausage finger at everyone else, including Obama all the while avoiding ANY responsibility or accountability for LOSING $400 MILLION FOR NEW JERSEY.

And I would never claim that calling him a "fat lard ass" is creative, but I do assert that it's highly accurate.

Looks like I hit a little Tea Partier's nerve with that one...

Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
What, he doesn't call his opponents names and stomp his feet like a Simba the baby Elephant???

All he does is throw tantrums. You should have read my story, it illustrates how he is all about yelling and screaming and bullying and pointing his fat sausage finger at everyone else, including Obama all the while avoiding ANY responsibility or accountability for LOSING $400 MILLION FOR NEW JERSEY.

And I would never claim that calling him a "fat lard ass" is creative, but I do assert that it's highly accurate.

Really? All I see are some teachers and NJEA members throwing tantrums. And I'm not just talking about what you see on television...college professors and even a teacher in my own family have been whining all year. He's incapable of having a mature discussion without name calling. Reminds me of you.

As for the $400 million, he did take responsibility for it. So you can stop spouting that lie.

Since you're unable to dispute the governor's policies, you resort to calling him names like "fat lard ass". Fat sausage finger...I admittedly lol'd at that one. What other names have you come up with?

Not a tea partier. Where'd you get that impression?

Old 09-30-2010, 05:06 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,970,982 times
Quote:
Really? All I see are some teachers and NJEA members throwing tantrums. And I'm not just talking about what you see on television...college professors and even a teacher in my own family have been whining all year. He's incapable of having a mature discussion without name calling. Reminds me of you.

As for the $400 million, he did take responsibility for it. So you can stop spouting that lie.

Since you're unable to dispute the governor's policies, you resort to calling him names like "fat lard ass". Fat sausage finger...I admittedly lol'd at that one. What other names have you come up with?

Am I really being a computer tough guy? Come hang out with me and my friend in my area and you tell me Christie or any of these clowns would have made it without a big scratch or two.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:13 PM

5,313 posts, read 7,570,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post

Wasn't Simba a baby lion??? Or do I have my Disney messed up?

Old 09-30-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should watch fat boy more closely when he throws his tantrums then.

Chris Christie’s Viral Video Temper Tantrum | The Aquarian Weekly

All I see is a lot of tea partiers and Christie worshipers who pretend Christie's bullying and tantrums are not bullying and tantrums, and intentionally turn a blind eye to all the problems with this obese whale. Reminds me of you.

Quote:
The lie is when he claimed to take responsibility for it, because in the next breath he shifted responsibility to Obama ( of all people) and said that OBAMA would have to explain to New Jerseyans why we didn't get $400 Million. If Fat Whale Lard were REALLY taking responsibility, he would HIMSELF explain to us why we are not getting $400 Million and how it is all his own fault and NOT the fault of Obama or anyone else. But he did't do that.

It's like if someone punched you in the head and said "I take responsibility for punching you in the head. However, it's YOUR fault and it's not my fault and I am glad I did punch you in the head, though." Is that person really taking reesponsibility? Or is that person just saying the words and then betraying them with the stronger sentiment in his other words???

Christie's "taking responsibility" for the loss of all that money has as much weight as his claim that nobody would be fired over that debacle... He says he takes responsibility and will not fire anyone, then in the very next breath shifts responsibility to Obama, then later shifts responsibility to Schundler, then breaks his own word about not firing anyone and fires Schundler as part of his overall lying.

He has proven himself to be a finger-pointing, lying, unaccountable Fat Lard Whale, yet some idiots just turn a blind eye to this because they are so in love with his Tea Party ways.

Quote:
These are appropriate names for an obese bully. They're not that tough to come up with.

And with or without the names, I don't need to dispute anything - all I am doing is pointing out the facts regarding this issue which prove clearly that this person, fat or not, has NO sense of responsbility or accountability and wants to blame anyone and everyone else for things that ARE his fault.

Quote:
Because you are very apparently a radical right-wing Christie worshiper. You saying that you're "not a tea partier" carries about as much credibility with me as Christie claiming to take responsbility for losing $400 Million (i.e. NO credibility, in case you weren't paying attention).

Old 09-30-2010, 05:17 PM

5,313 posts, read 7,570,243 times
And I have another question...

What ever happened to the $700 million budget surplus we had when McSleezy took office? Does anyone else remember that?

Old 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Am I really being a computer tough guy? Come hang out with me and my friend in my area and you tell me Christie or any of these clowns would have made it without a big scratch or two.
The post I was responding to said, "He wouldnt have survived one day in my neck of the woods. Then again most of you here wouldnt have either so thats not a big deal." So anyone who's in your neck of the woods will face trouble? Not sure why you mentioned it in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey