Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 03:48 PM

912 posts, read 2,439,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Ridge mama View Post
May I ask how is it that you have been to so many of these meetings? You seem very knowledgeable about these issues and I appreciate your posts.
A combination of working as a newspaper reporter and some citizen involvement in local government.

The best bet is usually just to check the agenda of council/planning/zoning board meetings. Generally these things will be on there and up for discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 04:04 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,504,255 times
How far more or less are you from the tower. The power dissipates with distance. If you are really close you could consider putting up a copper metal screen on the side of the house. but that is being a bit paranoid. I would take some measurements first before consiidering anything like that.

Also I see time after time people leaning on, staring into their microwave oven. Those things often leak, and it's not that good of a thing. I turn mine on and go into the next room until its done unless I have measured it with a sophisticated meter.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 PM

7 posts, read 16,989 times
Anyone else in the area concerned about this, or am I alone?

Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 PM

7 posts, read 16,989 times
Thank you TheGambler. I appreciate your knowledge on the subject.
captne76, I don't think I am at the point yet of wrapping my house in heavy metals, I do joke about it though... tin hats on my kids....Seriously, I am planning on having the EMF measured in a few months.
This isn't just about me though. I think this is a thing that concerns anyone who is by these things. People question the safety of most things they are told might be hazardous. To me, this should be a community concern. I can choose to have a microwave in my kitchen, or even not to carry a cell phone (unheard of!) but, in this case, I didn't choose to have this pointed at my house. When it comes to all things that concern our well being, ususally we have a choice, and if not we can still try to be heard.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,948 times
Default Carlstadt Water Tower

Wood Ridge mama I have been looking for someone to hear my plight!. I live right below the water tower and have experienced a lot of discomfort for the last couple of weeks that has not allowed me to sleep well. It is a high pitch noise that hurts my ears to the point of pain. I am ruling out tinnitus ... for those of you that may conclude that.... and other members of the family hear it also, although they may be less sensitized. I called an electrician who told me the numerous wafers on the tower may have increased the frequency to the point of discomfort. He heard the noise from outside!.

I hope other neighbors pay attention to this and realize that we may be getting overloaded here. I understand the need of technology, etc and I am a big user, but all this right in the middle of a residential area we may be asking for trouble.

I am following up with this as my health may be in jeopardy.. I can't be at peace in my own house. Also, I did not see anything about asking people before filling up the tower with all that stuff.. I attended the council meeting this Monday and asked the town leaders about it. They said they will look into it.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,948 times
Also, yes, pay attention to the possible long term effects of excessive exposure to EMR specially with elderly, immuno- compromised people and children.... do we have to wait until a cluster of people come up with similar illnesses or cancers before doing something about it?

Old 12-21-2011, 07:51 PM

88,042 posts, read 83,879,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care enough View Post
Also, yes, pay attention to the possible long term effects of excessive exposure to EMR specially with elderly, immuno- compromised people and children.... do we have to wait until a cluster of people come up with similar illnesses or cancers before doing something about it?
The post you are responding to is over a year old. Wood Ridge mama has likely moved to an underground bunker by now.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,639,418 times
Quote:
Wood Ridge mama has likely moved to an underground bunker by now.
And no doubt communicating by cellphone.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,866 times
Default Hello- I feel the tower

I live in Carlstadt - I now hear a constant high pitch noise in my house an surrounding areas. My family does too. I am most affected cause i work from home and am exposed to the noise all day. It is getting very annoying to the point that my ears ache and I can't sleep more than 4-hours. Tinnitus has been ruled out. I hope others pay attention so we can call some attention to this issue.... help

Old 12-28-2011, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,866 times
hey, that's ok-I need to get this concern re-started. Please pay attention, we have several cell phone towers in the Wallington, Carlstadt, E. Rutherford area. Notice how you feel... too much exposure to these frequencies does impact your wellbeing.... at least how tired or rested you feel, your sleep. headaches, etc. We just don't pay attention...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey