Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 04:50 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,938,889 times

Advertisements

East Brunswick has a LONG history of excellent education, in all of the schools. There used to be some diversity among the elementary schools, but with many of them closed and the division of the middle schools/junior highs, it all ends up in the high school anyway. Older construction yes, but some charming neighborhoods with houses that have weathered the test of time and been professionally upgraded and maintained.

Judd has been the top elementary school since the late 70's, and the high school has weathered many Principals and lots of changes of student body and clientele over the years, while still able to maintain it's quality education. There is a solid group of many generations of families that have shaped North Brunswick, it's reputation, activities and community.

You really can't go wrong in either one, I lived in one for 23 years and taught in the other for 11 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,094,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboken1220 View Post
East Brunswick is a more upscale town with a VERY good education system. Definitely EB over North Brunswick in my opinion.
Could not be said better. The school system in East Brunswick is also one of the best in Middlesex County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboken1220 View Post
How about Cranbury Knoll on cranbury road?
One just came on the market last week in the community. It is a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home for $699,900.

Last edited by DodgeViper01; 12-12-2010 at 10:08 PM..

Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiri View Post
My preference is East Brunswick but..I'm not able to find any new community developing houses within my budget around $620K in EB. (such as Mae Brook or Twin Brook in North Brunswick)

Only drawback I seem to be finding based on everyone's comments is that schools are not as good in North Bruns. compared to EB..

So it seems like I can have either a good house or good school but not both in one place..?
Of course I can buy old house in EB within my budget but am only looking for new construction house in Middlesex county having good schools and convenient commute to NYC..Does this seem like a lot to ask for..??:-)
East Brunswick has run out of land for large new communties, this is why you are not finding properties in your price point. There are a few communities left in East Brunswick for new construction but the price points are $800K - $1.5M. They are also not large communities like say Country Woods, Buckingham Estates, or Windsong. At the $620K number, you can still get into Country Woods. The homes are not that old. I just sold the last one in the community and it sold for $550K. It was a single family 2500 square feet plus a 1500 square foot basement. You can also purchase in the next community over called Windsong. I know you are looking for new but all these homes are less than 15 years old and many in great condition. Best of luck with your search. If you have any other questions, shoot me a PM.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 AM

249 posts, read 824,679 times
subiri -
The South Brunswick tax department finally gave us an approximate number and that is $13,000 for a $650,000 house. Teachbeach & DodgeViper are correct East Brunswick has a long reputation of having excellent schools. South Brunswick schools are still growing, building new or expanding the elementary, middle & high school as the town continues to grow. Each year the schools have also been ranked near the top rated in the county.
You really can't go wrong with a to move to either township. Good luck!
If you need floor plans of the new homes, just let me know.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:09 PM

877 posts, read 2,837,106 times
East Brunswick is pretty maxed out save for the western part along Riva Ave near Farrington Lake which does have lots of real farmland around there, and I am positive that to maintain some degree of open space in the township there will be no new building in that area. It is more the previous generation. North and South Brunswick both have more newer developments and are a bit more diverse in terms of demographics and socioeconomic status, and in that case a healthier environment (IMO) to grow up in than ultra-prestigious East Brunswick. They are still growing, but not as fast as in the past.

I agree with kekee726 and teachbeach, you really cannot go wrong with any of these towns. Although EB, like the town I grew up in (Manalapan), can be snotty for no good reason.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
I agree with kekee726 and teachbeach, you really cannot go wrong with any of these towns. Although EB, like the town I grew up in (Manalapan), can be snotty for no good reason.
South Brunswick, East Brunswick, Edison, and many other towns in Middlesex County can be all the same. Once excellent schools are introduced, it naturally brings in a higher income demographic, which in turn brings some "spoiled atttitudes." It is a trade off you receive for a good school system but to be fair not all the kids are snotty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey