U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:24 AM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
7,757 posts, read 14,122,186 times
Reputation: 6451

Advertisements

Audit: Excessive Perks for NJ Turnpike Employees (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/traffic/traffic_news/audit-excessive-perks-for-nj-turnpike-employees-20101019-apx - broken link)

Damn.....
43 mil in taxpayer dollars wasted as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:43 AM
 
11,770 posts, read 19,740,389 times
Reputation: 8294
Yet the complaints are against teachers, cops & firemen
How smart or educated does one have to be to collect a toll..a 6th grade education would suffice
I had posted in another thread bashing the police salaries what these toll collectors make...and this on top of it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
5,360 posts, read 7,997,756 times
Reputation: 2122
C'mon, cut the toll takers a break. You know about the dangers of inhaling all those toxic fumes etc.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 AM
 
584 posts, read 1,903,409 times
Reputation: 217
This is just absurd. Forget auditing income taxes, let the auditors review these wasteful departments/agencies!

These toll booth workers should be ashamed that they are getting paid so much!

This should be bigger news, like on a Time magazine frontpage. Maybe if more people know, some action will be taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 AM
 
Location: New Jersey/Florida
4,606 posts, read 8,018,785 times
Reputation: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Audit: Excessive Perks for NJ Turnpike Employees (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/traffic/traffic_news/audit-excessive-perks-for-nj-turnpike-employees-20101019-apx - broken link)

Damn.....
43 mil in taxpayer dollars wasted as well.
This is so ironic because the last idiot we had for governor pushed for all these toll increases saying that the authority was short on money. Maybe if they tightened their belt a bit we wouldn't have needed an increase. This is a perfect example of needlessly raising taxes and blowing it on silly $hit. Any they wonder why we and I cry about raising taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
 
Location: New Jersey/Florida
4,606 posts, read 8,018,785 times
Reputation: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
This is just absurd. Forget auditing income taxes, let the auditors review these wasteful departments/agencies!

These toll booth workers should be ashamed that they are getting paid so much!

This should be bigger news, like on a Time magazine frontpage. Maybe if more people know, some action will be taken.
I wouldn't blame the workers I blame the idiots for giving them this money and signing the checks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:02 AM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
7,757 posts, read 14,122,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
This is so ironic because the last idiot we had for governor pushed for all these toll increases saying that the authority was short on money. Maybe if they tightened their belt a bit we wouldn't have needed an increase. This is a perfect example of needlessly raising taxes and blowing it on silly $hit. Any they wonder why we and I cry about raising taxes.
Now, come on JM, what would the employees do without their bowling league and birthday payout bonus! I think you are asking for too much from the Turnpike authority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:24 AM
 
34,936 posts, read 33,897,690 times
Reputation: 35551
Well, the toll collectors know they are doomed anyway. That's not a career that's going to even exist in five or ten years as we move to all-electronic tolling. And like someone implied, NOBODY is going to say, "Hey, I think you're paying me way too much--please reduce my salary."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
 
2,689 posts, read 2,075,647 times
Reputation: 832
This state, actually, the country is corrupted. All public employees are over pay. Look at the services they are provided to us. Look at DMV, SS office, they don't give a sh1t how long you have been waiting. They take as long as they want and *********. It's not like their pay is base on performance or they will get fire for non-performance. If public employees don't perform, what will the government do? Easy, increase the size of the department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 01:00 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,126 posts, read 26,359,477 times
Reputation: 4922
Oh, I'll bet PANYNJ would put this to shame.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top