U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 07:14 PM

6 posts, read 71,347 times

Advertisements

Can someone please tell me how Edison is divided - there are several zips and I'm sure 08820 is North Edison - the more "desirable" area. Are there any other areas that sharen N. Edison's school system or have good schools themselves? I don't really care about J.P. Stevens H.S. in N.E. - I have little ones and it will be a while before we get there...

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,150,163 times
Default North Edison

I use to live in North Edison with the 08820 zip code and I think that is the only zip code that belongs to North Edison which is just beyond the border of Metuchen. The other section is called South Edison but unfortunately I can't remember the zip code. If you should decide on Edison, stick with the 08820 zip code. North Edison is the best area and best schools. Good luck!

Old 07-06-2007, 06:54 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,589,469 times
edison only got 2 high school. one is J.P Steven and the other is Edison High. I believe that only 08820 zone goes to J P Steven which is the better school people are talking about in Edison. The other zipcode like 08817 is going to Edison High. Some people said the program in Edison High is still good, but just too crowded. I also have a little one and thinking about buying a new townhouse in edison which will be in zip 08817. I am still not sure about this. I have to go to the development to see the whole environment and then we can make the decision. My husband has same thought as yours. He thinks that Edison High should be good by the time that our little one goes to high school because North Edison is over crowded already.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:42 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,150,163 times
Default Edison Schools

I think you really can't go wrong with the school system in Edison. No. Edison schools may be rated a bit higher but still overall Edison is a good school district. I can vouch for JP Stevens. All three of my cousins went there and moved onto excellent colleges and were well prepared. My son is going into a top rated HS in Washington but the down side is it's very crowded as well. I guess there is no perfect school.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:57 AM

1 posts, read 5,161 times
north edison honestly sucks it a bunch of stuck up people who think they are better than the south edison side.. honestly you can't go wrong with s. edison, we have the mall, the park, edison high which is a great school. we have a variety of people who make different incomes ranging from 20,000-300,000. we also have great homes. its a friendly place than then the north side.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,402,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popper12 View Post
north edison honestly sucks it a bunch of stuck up people who think they are better than the south edison side.. honestly you can't go wrong with s. edison, we have the mall, the park, edison high which is a great school. we have a variety of people who make different incomes ranging from 20,000-300,000. we also have great homes. its a friendly place than then the north side.
I don't know much about the north side. It is typically more affluent than the south side so that may explain why the people there can be more "stuck up". I lived on the south side and know it very well and yes it is a quite pleasant environment with friendly people, and all the schools there are excellent. You really cannot go wrong on either "side" of town.

It is a very large town and is centrally located to a seemingly endless amount of amenities. My only complaint about it is the traffic. The area is very congested and overdeveloped. I moved out in 2004.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM

20 posts, read 53,251 times
There is also 08837. This covers Raritan Center and surrounding neighborhoods.

I used to live in 08817, in "undesirable" South Edison. While attending Middlesex County College and, later on, Rutgers in New Brunswick, I did hear a lot of young people talking bad about this part of town. However, most of these kids were the children of immigrant parents who don't care about this country to begin and only lived in 08820 so they could talk about it.

I don't think North Edison is affluent. It's the SAME town, only with horrendous McMansions and double the taxes. If someone is looking for affluence, they should move to Princeton, or at least Metuchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or