Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:51 PM

14 posts, read 34,870 times

Advertisements

One more question as the small victorian houses close to town were mentioned. I've seen a few of these for sale on realty websites and thought that it might be interesting to purchase and really refurbish and/or add onto one of those old houses close and possibly walkable to "town". /we currently live an a historic neighborhood with smaller lot sized and I find that appealing. Are the homes for sale lower in cost because even ones in good condition are lower priced in this area compared to other areas of Peapack? Obviously I wouldn't want to punch one of these homes out if we couldn't eventually get our $ back. Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 08:38 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,788,582 times
Peapack is a wealthy area ; really nice ; seems to meet your needs. It has a small town / upper income country suburban feel.

They go to Bernards HS - which is a very good school. Do check the distances from the homes you are looking at to the HS. I think I heard some kids take the train to the HS.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahalldredge View Post
One more question as the small victorian houses close to town were mentioned. I've seen a few of these for sale on realty websites and thought that it might be interesting to purchase and really refurbish and/or add onto one of those old houses close and possibly walkable to "town". /we currently live an a historic neighborhood with smaller lot sized and I find that appealing. Are the homes for sale lower in cost because even ones in good condition are lower priced in this area compared to other areas of Peapack? Obviously I wouldn't want to punch one of these homes out if we couldn't eventually get our $ back. Thanks again!!
They are on smaller lots, in or near the center of town. They are older & smaller homes. You'll notice that there are also some colonial style homes that match those basic criteria, and those are lower priced as well. In most cases, they are very much livable now, but are great candidates for a complete renovation/restoration. If you happen to be a person who wants a slighly smaller house in an "in-town" neighborhood, you can do well with one of these. And for wht it's worth, the center of Peapack isn't a raucous noisy place. It's really a quaint, quiet little town, living in the center of which can be very charming. In spring & summer, with people casually strolling around the pond & park, chatting with neighbors as they watch the kids play on the grass, feels like something out of a Rockwell painting.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:59 PM

14 posts, read 34,870 times
Thanks for the feedback Bill - It was hard to decipher my typo laiden message. As always, trying to do too many things at once. I see that you are a realtor, so we may be in touch once/if we get the move finalized.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:16 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
I will add a few things. First off I love Peapack!! Its like the land, cedars and trees are beautiful. Its not Northwoods, its like central Jersey and a bit of the South. The trees somehow are the best in Peapack. I get fresh eggs off a street called Willow. Lady has a cooler outside with fresh eggs in it, and you leave the money in an envelope. Its so majestic. But here is the best part, THE PEOPLE ARE NICE!! Yes hard to believe in NJ and a wealthy town but Grandma is really a grandma with her cartigan sweater and her hairnet!! Kids are kids, playing outside , and parents are so nice!! People are friendly! I have walked in the parks and so many people stopped and actually TALKED in Peapack! Its a great town! Love it, and your damn lucky. Peapack is like living in an old movie that depicts New England. Sort of reminds me of old CT.

I will tell you I am a tough , hard head when it come to towns I like and this is on my top 5 in NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey