Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 12:38 PM

11 posts, read 18,154 times

Advertisements

Hello

If anyone can help I need some exact names for good apartment complexes in Morris County NJ. I'm moving there in 2 weeks (from WI) and i'll be out there next week looking at apartments. I can't really waste time but i've found like 3-4 apartment complexes, but I know locals know them better the forrent.com.

I would like to stay in the $1500 ~ $1800/mo range; 1 bedroom. I absolutely need a washer/dryer and parking spot.

The cheaper the better, but still want it to be newer and clean. Any suggestions would helpful thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
It's a pretty big county. Can you narrow it down, like where will you be working?

Old 11-01-2010, 02:41 PM

I think I see from other post you will be working in Parsippany. So....

Washer/dryer IN the unit or available in shared laundry room? I think having it your own might be a tough find.

Some possibilities: Gateways in Randolph, Rustic Ridge in Rockaway, Old Forge East in Morris Township, Mountain Club in Parsippany (not suire if this is 100% co-op now). Otherwise, maybe try to find a private rental of a townhouse/condo owner looking to rent it out?

Old 11-02-2010, 08:46 AM

Thanks! yea i'll be based in parsippany but traveling a lot so will not be in the office or my apt much.

I do want it to be a safe, nice apartment; Washer and Dryer in unit. It's so hard to tell what places are nice and are traps since apartmentreviews.com has some pretty scary things on it about some of the places.

I'm about 25 and moving out here alone so safety is #1.

The two towns im looking at that i've read that sounds good (i have only been to NJ once for 1 day lol)

Morristown area
Rockaway

Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM

The washer/dryer in unit will be tough. I think that is relatively rare in apartment complexes in the area. To get that, I think you'll have to look for someone renting out their condo/townhouse.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 PM

20 posts, read 56,475 times
I've lived at the Highlands in Morris Plains, there you have your own washer/dryer, but it's pretty expensive. Nice place though.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keso View Post
I've lived at the Highlands in Morris Plains, there you have your own washer/dryer, but it's pretty expensive. Nice place though.

Good one Keso, I forgot about that one. That also reminds me of Chancery Square in Morristown (maybe run by the same company?); also has washer/dryer -- very nice, but probably at the top of the poster's price range.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Has anyone lived at Boulders at Rockaway? i've read some bad things on apartmentreviews.com.... but Im also taking that with a grain of salt.

The other one im looking at is Sterling Parc in Cedar Knolls?

Old 11-07-2010, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 7,347 times
Could you please tell me what you decided? And what others you would have considered? I am ALSO moving there from Wisconsin in Nov/Dec with the same concerns... new job in East Hanover (congrats on yours!) Thank you for any help

Old 11-30-2010, 07:13 PM

23 posts, read 40,202 times
I love my apartment in the Boulders at Rockaway. The complex is only 4 yrs old i think, and very clean and safe. The price is a bit high, but you can bargain it down a bit. There's a washer/dryer stackable combo in a small laundry room connected to the kitchen. I have a corner apartment and it brings in a lot of sunshine. Each apartment gets one parking space, and there are guest spots if you have a second car. I've never had a problem parking my second car, always a spot close by. I highly recommend it! Yes, Rich, the Super, is a bit strict/cold, but he keeps this place in tip-top shape, so I put up with it.

Definitely make an appointment if you are coming to view apartments because he's usually floating around during the day and not in the leasing office.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey