U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,293 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate from NY to NJ. Married couple with two small boys 2 and 5 months. Husband works in the city so we are looking for cities with small comute to NY. Looking for children friendly neighborhoods with good school district. Looking to rent at the moment. Thanks

Barbara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,150,163 times
Default Try Bergen County NJ

You can try Bergen County NJ. Many neighborhoods to pick from that are very family oriented and have excellent school systems. You can check on GreatSchools.net and check test scores and parent's comments on schools. Good luck.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:04 PM

21 posts, read 79,555 times
I know its a 50 minute train ride to NY....
But, you could consider living in Princeton/west windsor area....

Best schools, good community and direct express trains to NY by NJTransit....

Goodluck with the upcoming move:-)

Old 07-10-2007, 04:50 AM

7,079 posts, read 33,727,881 times
Trains aren't doable from Princeton Junction UNLESS you have a way to get to and from the train station, since the waiting list for station parking is years long.

Most people use the Exit 8 Park and Ride and take the bus to Port Authority if they live in that area.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 AM

21 posts, read 79,555 times
Hey Viralmd,

Thank you for the inputs.
Really appreciate it! Just moved to the Princeton area and am exlporing options about how to get to work in NY.
So you say driving to exit 8, parking at the park and ride there and then taking the PATH bus to NY is more convenient....
Was curious to know what is the park and ride at exit 8 called and what should i enter in google maps/mapquest to map it from my place.

Thanks a ton.....really appreciate all your help!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 AM

7,079 posts, read 33,727,881 times
I don't know exactly what it's called, but it's either Exit 8 or 8A from the NJ Turnpike. Goes to Port Authority on Eighth Avenue. That's how the two people in my office who live in West Windsor get to work. That's also why I moved BACK to the city from Princeton when I got a job in the city.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 AM

185 posts, read 671,796 times
Default It's exit 8A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
I don't know exactly what it's called, but it's either Exit 8 or 8A from the NJ Turnpike. Goes to Port Authority on Eighth Avenue. That's how the two people in my office who live in West Windsor get to work. That's also why I moved BACK to the city from Princeton when I got a job in the city.
Best to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or