Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:18 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times

Advertisements

What would anyone expect after voting in a "Terpentine" as governor!

Remember that Terpentine is very flammable and this has proven to be so at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 12:31 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
Politics in this state stink no matter which side you look at it from. Corruption abounds.
Both parties share in the corruption family. I agree with you.

Governor Jon Corzine came into office saying that he was a corruption fighter. The Attorney General who he appointed was one of the first to go down in disgrace. Corzine supported her to the end. She felt herself and her lover were above the law.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:33 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Both parties share in the corruption family. I agree with you.
please tell us who the corrupt republicans are on the state level, for every republican you list, I'll list 3 democraps

Old 07-15-2007, 12:44 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
please tell us who the corrupt republicans are on the state level, for every republican you list, I'll list 3 democraps
Doubt you'll get an answer for this one.

Remember a fellow poster said that he rather have a dirty dem than a clean repub...Lemmings to the end.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:46 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Default Here's a little Corzine poll at: http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/138655-what-do-you-think-governor-jon-3.ht

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
How do you feel about Governor Jon Corzine's campaign against New Jersey State Corruption?

Do you feel he is getting anywhere? Or do your think it is the same corruption as usual? (Or worse...)

Personally, I think the way the governor appoints our Attorney General as well as the head of the New Jersey Supreme Court helps corruption stay in business. Many states elect their state's Attorney General. New Jersey's governor has too much power.

Governor Jon Corzine has some ethical questions of his own. It's going to be interesting to see how his former relationship with a girlfriend, who was a union leader, turns out. With him running the courts of New Jersey and the Attorney Generals' office, the truth will probably never come out.

Here's a little Corzine poll at: http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ml#post1408706

He is not doing too well in the poll.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:28 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Some great points golden grain someone is listening , me.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:00 PM

52 posts, read 206,956 times
Corzine and the press ruined Carl Katz's reputation. I know her. She's a remarkable woman who does not deserve the crap she's gotten thrown on her. Goes to show you how the wrong man can ruin your life.

Oh, and Jon Corzine does not run the Courts. The Judiciary is a separate form of government run by the Chief Justice. Corzine does not make decisions on the Judiciary's behalf. He only pulls the pursestrings of the employees (very hard too!)

Old 09-08-2007, 12:56 AM

20,323 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Jerseywoman;1451379]. Goes to show you how the wrong man can ruin your life.
Please. A ruined life? She a labor leader who lives like a multimillionaire and it's all some man's fault that the public is looking at the relationship between the two of them in a suspect manner?

Maybe to regular viewers of the Lifetime Channel it all seems so unfair.

She's a big girl and she made her own relationship decisions. Nobody forced her to get a wealthy, powerful boyfriend.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:50 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Maybe Cozine could throw me $6 million plus. I'll accept a ruined reputation.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:58 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
I have had a passing relationship with some shady characters. It was a real issue with them to try to commit the wrongdoings which would not land them in Federal Courts. They all said that they knew lawyers who could 'get to' the Jersey State judges.

It never ceases to shock me, how corrupt Jersey is.

A woman I worked with had a dad who practiced international law. He said Jersey is the most corrupt state in the union. I had a law professor who said the same thing.

Now, this scandel breaks, with public officials taking bribes. I'll bet every little podunk mayor of every little podunk town was shaking in his boots when this happened. It is common knowledge that this 'money under the table' method is what cable companies did in order to get into our towns.

I heard on WABC the other day that in the last 5 years one hundred New Jersey officials were arrested.

I am real proud of Cory Booker, though, and what he is doing in Newark. God, talk about a scarey corrupt machine - only a young idealist would dare fight that slime that he replaced. To think of all the corrupt cops that had to be replaced. I am surprised that they did not kill Cory. I speculate that they must have had plans to, if they ever caught him alone. So there is a light shining in NJ, at least for me.

Would that the fair people of Passaic could find such a brave and bright person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey