Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 01:37 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,303,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Definitely! We ride Rolling Thunder in DC every year, least people forget and the turn out is tremendous.
Let's also remember our sons and daughters serving in Iraq and Afghanistan now, and make sure they aren't treated as deplorably as our Vietnam Vets. If you so desire, go to: AnySoldier.com and send a care package.
I went to "Gathering of Eagles" and Rolling Thunder this Memorial Day Weekend. It was great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 01:38 PM

Thank you very much to everyone who has said Yes.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:28 AM

This Vietnam Veterans Day in Tennessee has growing support. The governor, senators and congressmen and women are supporting it. It started in one small town and spread.

A grassroots campaign. It would be nice if it took off in New Jersey.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:03 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,335,328 times
I doubt it would take off in NJ. NJ is pure democrats and they probably think Vietnan should be hidden.
I am happy to have moved from NJ to Tennessee last year.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I doubt it would take off in NJ. NJ is pure democrats and they probably think Vietnan should be hidden.
I am happy to have moved from NJ to Tennessee last year.
That has to be the most ignorant answer I have ever read. I am a Democrat, and so was my Dad, he served in Vietnam (enlisted, not drafted). I think NJ would say yes, overwhelmingly. Lest we forget, we have been one of the leading states in this country that have had many ground breaking legislation.

Oh btw, I am happy you moved to Tennessee too!

Old 07-26-2007, 09:31 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,335,328 times
Typical NJ person. I'm not ignorant, your state sucks. The people there are mean. They talk about their neighbors, not all, but you seem typical.
They even fight in the Churches. Check the back News Transcripts for Old Tennent Church in Tennent , NJ. They are fighting over money there. It's surely not a christian thing to do. The churches are empty in NJ, surely not here. They made the minister resign because he served in the reserves. He was assigned to Germany for a year and when he came back all the problems started. So that's why I made that statement.
Tennessee is basically a republican state and NJ liberal democrats, and if your anything else there they argue. Check out the NJ.com Manalapan Forums , and y'all see what I'm talking about

Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,067,017 times
Quote:
Typical NJ person. I'm not ignorant, your state sucks. The people there are mean. They talk about their neighbors, not all, but you seem typical.
They even fight in the Churches. Check the back News Transcripts for Old Tennent Church in Tennent , NJ. They are fighting over money there. It's surely not a christian thing to do. The churches are empty in NJ, surely not here. They made the minister resign because he served in the reserves. He was assigned to Germany for a year and when he came back all the problems started. So that's why I made that statement.
Tennessee is basically a republican state and NJ liberal democrats, and if your anything else there they argue. Check out the NJ.com Manalapan Forums , and y'all see what I'm talking about
What?! Your state sucks! lol. So what people fight in 'Tennent' Church. People don't fight in my church AND it's not empty. There are thousands of Churches in this state...you checked every single one of 'em?
-People in NJ aren't mean...they are exactly what you said: PEOPLE in New Jersey. If its not an environment you can handle then oh well
-I'm a religious man but just because as many people in NJ don't go to church as in Tenn. doesn't mean anything beyond simply: more people in Tenn go to church, which can be disputed because I don't believe there was a study on this and there are more people in NJ anyway

-BTW, people fight over money EVERYWHERE (including all continents on this planet)

PS: I could say a lot of things about southern churches but I don't roll like that, you shouldn't either

Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:
They even fight in the Churches. Check the back News Transcripts for Old Tennent Church in Tennent , NJ. They are fighting over money there. It's surely not a christian thing to do. The churches are empty in NJ, surely not here.

and a minster's wife in TN shot him point blank in the back, and escaped with their 3 children...so what?

do you tell your son his state sucks?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 AM

114 posts, read 207,538 times
Quote:
Excuse you your sounding a little ignorant right now don't judge a book by it cover meaning don't believe eveything you read in the news or in your case a forum. A forum is opinion based and for you to come up with a ludicrous and uneducated statement as you've just done is unfair. Now I don't live in tennessee and have never been down there and because of my lack of knowledge pertaining to it I would never say anything demeaning or insulting about your beloved state. (Not sure where you're located) but How would you feel if someone said something similiar to what you just wrote about your state I don't think you'd appreciate it to much. I'd say in the future don't believe everything you see or read especially on the internet.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 AM

Thanks everyone for the bumps! But please get back to the subject of a Vietnam Veterans Day in New Jersey.

There's a great song (non-political) dedicated to Vietnam Vets at the below link.
WELCOME HOME

Eric Horner donated all profits from this song to veterans charities. Both Eric and Lee Greenwood "God Bless the USA" sing on the song.

There is also a nice poem dedicated to Vienam Veterans at: DEAR VIETNAM VETERAN, LOVE AMERICA The poem is in the form of a letter addressed to Vietnam Veterans written by America.

All it takes is one small group of appreciated New Jersey citizens to start the process (Vietnam Veterans Day) through their town's politicians to get the ball rolling. It could then be pushed through their county politicians and then onto the state level.
Thanks!
Jack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: