Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,895 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the greater NY area from out of state and considering Millburn/Sh for its schools (like a lot of people). We do have concerns about economic and ethnic diversity. We are a asian Indian family with two kids. The older one is currently in KG. We were wondering if certain areas of the township/Elementary schools are more diverse. How does the Wyoming or Southmountain section compare to Glenwood or other SH areas? Any color would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 12,130 times
Good Morning! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Millburn/Short Hills does indeed have wonderful schools. That is why it is ranked #1 again from NJ Monthly. All you have to do is to look at a current demographic profile of the community to alleviate any of your concerns, regardless of which elementary school district you decide on. I grew up in town (in fact, the first class through Deerfield) and raised our children here (Hartshorn.) They had a wonderful education and are now together at Vanderbilt. Millburn provided them with solid skills enabling them to excel in college. The sports program gave them both opportunities in Varsity Tennis and Soccer as well. Your biggest question is whether you want to be close to town and the Millburn Train Station (Wyoming & South Mountain) or to the Short Hills Train Station (Glenwood & Hartshorn). Deerfield is the furthest away. But no worry, there is valet parking and no waiting list for resident parking permits. Please visit MidtownDirectHomes.com and check out the town profiles on the bottom of the home page or NJRealEstateWire.com. I loved growing up here and am thrilled to be a part of this wonderful community. Please give me a shout if you have any questions.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey