Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I feel so bad that you chose the wrong career path. Better choices should be made in your next life. Let me guess the goverment does nothing right? Good stuff Rush Jr.

All of that aside Happy Holidays. Oops sorry for you I mean Merry CHRISTmas. I made sure to keep the CHRIST in it only for you.
i do better than public employees (but without any pension or retirement health benefits). i save about 30% of my income so i should be ok in my retirement. but if my wife worked, id like her to be a teacher. realistically, in order to attract people to do the job of teacher in nyc i could pay $12 an hour plus single person medical coverage and no pension benefits and would get better results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 06:56 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i do better than public employees (but without any pension or retirement health benefits). i save about 30% of my income so i should be ok in my retirement. but if my wife worked, id like her to be a teacher. realistically, in order to attract people to do the job of teacher in nyc i could pay $12 an hour plus single person medical coverage and no pension benefits and would get better results.
I am sorry. Better luck next life.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I am sorry. Better luck next life.
im sorry for people that wont see benefits that were promised to them because the money just wont be there. changes are coming:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/23/bu...html?src=twrhp

Old 12-27-2010, 07:17 AM

132 posts, read 446,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Crime is way down in Newark. They should have more layoffs. Cut the Newark Police force by 33 percent. The city can save a bundle this way. Newark is a very safe city and all these cops are not needed.
Crime way down? What about the car jackings over the last month and just a few days ago? You could never cut the police force in a city that's high on crime. Nobody should be getting layed off, cut the salaries of the politians that do nothing for the communities...

N.J. carjackings on the rise as police arrest 2 teens for Irvington incidents | NJ.com

Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
im sorry for people that wont see benefits that were promised to them because the money just wont be there. changes are coming:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/23/bu...html?src=twrhp
Yup it sucks for those people in Alabami.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Yup it sucks for those people in Alabami.
"“Prichard is the future,” said Michael Aguirre, the former San Diego city attorney, who has called for San Diego to declare bankruptcy and restructure its own outsize pension obligations. “We’re all on the same conveyor belt. Prichard is just a little further down the road.”"

Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
"“Prichard is the future,” said Michael Aguirre, the former San Diego city attorney, who has called for San Diego to declare bankruptcy and restructure its own outsize pension obligations. “We’re all on the same conveyor belt. Prichard is just a little further down the road.”"
Sucks for them too. Too bad under the law of the land all pensions must be paid. Oh well.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:09 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,189 times
stop allowing pensions for spouses that would help.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Sucks for them too. Too bad under the law of the land all pensions must be paid. Oh well.
you cant pay for things when you dont have money. also, laws change. im not sure what you are saying. do you think there is going to be no changes to public pensions? id be nervous if i was depending on one.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:51 PM

912 posts, read 2,445,550 times
Quote:
There's also a law of the land known as "bankruptcy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey