Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 11:10 AM

65 posts, read 207,971 times

Advertisements

We live in (north) Edison and really like the suburban feel, great schools, etc but since our fmaily has grown, we would like to move more north, near Clifton, to be a little closer to family. I know prices in northern NJ are outrageous, but I still thought I'd ask! We are looking for 4+ beds, 2+ baths (have 4 kids!) and a spacious home in a quiet neighborhood. If schools are an issue, we would consider private schools. We probably could get $450,000 for our current home, and so would HOPE to stay in that range, maybe slightly higher. Does anyone have any recommendations on an area that we might not have considered close to Clifton (around 20 min drive) Any help is appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
How about.... Clifton!

Real Estate Search Results for CLIFTON, PASSAIC County - New Jersey Multiple Listing Service

Old 12-02-2010, 12:05 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly04 View Post
We live in (north) Edison and really like the suburban feel, great schools, etc but since our fmaily has grown, we would like to move more north, near Clifton, to be a little closer to family. I know prices in northern NJ are outrageous, but I still thought I'd ask! We are looking for 4+ beds, 2+ baths (have 4 kids!) and a spacious home in a quiet neighborhood. If schools are an issue, we would consider private schools. We probably could get $450,000 for our current home, and so would HOPE to stay in that range, maybe slightly higher. Does anyone have any recommendations on an area that we might not have considered close to Clifton (around 20 min drive) Any help is appreciated!!
I really like Little Falls in Passaic County. I don't know about the schools there, but the high school is Passaic Valley Regional. Had friends in college who went to that high school it seems like a pretty decent area overall. Clifton is fine too, depending on where, but LF definitely has the kind of house you are describing, might be more than what you are paying for in Edison, but the good thing is that it is Passaic County, not Bergen, Essex or Hudson, so the taxes are lower there. You have the Rt 46 corridor with all that regional shopping, close to many colleges and 25 miles outside NYC.

Where are you now? $450K sounds a bit low for North Ed.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:13 PM

65 posts, read 207,971 times
That's why I asked, since I don't particularly like Clifton, since I grew up in that area. North Edison is great, and we got a "deal" I guess you can say. A very old house, that needed and got many upgrades and lots of remodeling! It's not too far from Clifton now, but it's difficult for our family to drive that far esp on the Parkway to see the kids. So we were considering moving more north. thanks!

Old 12-02-2010, 12:28 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Try Waldwick. Very good schools (HS ranked in top 75), nice little downtown, low crime and suburban. Maybe 20-25 minutes from Clifton via Parkway. I lived in both Clifton & Waldwick and Waldwick is greener like Montclair Heights, not run-down like Lakeview. Has its own train station and is 10 minutes to all the shopping you want in Paramus. Also 5 minutes from Ridgewood and its shops & restaurants. It's a hidden gem among its tonier neighbors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey