Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 AM

467 posts, read 1,489,199 times

Advertisements

Sorry to disagree but my daughter lives in West Orange in a 3 bedroom house
and her taxes are not $12,000 a year.....and she only owns it 3 years...West
Orange is a nice little town...it's close to Livingston which is very nice and
is very convenient to commute, close to route 280, the Parkway, etc. lots
of nice shopping nearby on Route 10, the short hills mall, the Livingston Mall,
Route 22...Again..I believe wholehartedly on what a person wrote to the news
paper here in Florida....get rid of the politicians when they don't do their job,
stop voting on party lines...If they stink, they stink no matter what party they represent, get rid of them...what have you go to lose....I lived in N.J.
for most of my life and I am sick, sick sick of politics in N.J....they just keep
voting in the same old., same old people...well they do it here in FLORIDUH
TOO....I have always voted my conscience no matter what party I am affiliated with..too bad more people don't do that...it sure could make a
difference......sorry I got off on another subject here....

Old 11-07-2006, 10:42 AM

19 posts, read 83,902 times
Isabella ????? Why are you "be nice now"-babying down a person who made a statement on this forum you may not have liked ? ... what are you .. the forum nanny with a wart on her nose ????? Don't read what you don' t like and leave people ALONE !!!!!!!! New Jersey is what it is to that person and they are entitled to voice what they want to say .... Go "baby down" your cat ! and leave people alone ....

Old 11-07-2006, 10:43 AM

Isabella ????? Why are you "be nice now"-babying down a person who made a statement on this forum you may not have liked ? ... what are you .. the forum nanny with a wart on her nose ????? Don't read what you don' t like and leave people ALONE !!!!!!!! New Jersey is what it is to that person and they are entitled to voice what they want to say .... Go "baby down" your cat ! and leave people alone ....

Old 11-07-2006, 10:45 AM

Old 11-07-2006, 12:10 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj4x4fever View Post
Just To Let You In On Some Things Here In Browns Mills, Browns Mills has been under development since the First Time They Closed Fort Dix The Army Base. We now have a Mini Shopping Mall which Includes a New Acme Grocery Store, A Dollar Tree Dollar Store a Peebles Department Store, a Block Buster Video a Radio Shack a couple more Pizza Joints Opened in The Area, There Is a Budget Lodge In The Center Of Town. There is 2 Major Wawa convienent stores nearby, we still have a 7-11, Deborah Heart and Lung Hospital Has Expanded, They closed the McDonalds In Town and tore it down They Built an Advanced Auto Parts In It's Place, Their is a CVS Pharmacy In Town They Built A Ritas Water Ice In Town, I hear they are going to put a State Trooper Barracks In Town to keep the crime rate down, The Old Acme Plaza Has Been Under Re-development not sure what they are going to build there but they say it will be a multi million dollar facility, They Put In a Brand New Public Library, St Anns Church has been rebuilt to a much larger church. We Now have 2 gas stations on the outskirts of either end of town the ones in the middle of town have closed. We have had fire destroy one of the oriental food stores in the center of town, They rebuilt the Browns Mills Emergency Squad Building. Next Door to the Oriental Store. We Now have a Burger King where the old Wolfies Diner Used to Be. They Built A New 24 hr McDonals In Town I Went There Late Last Night, For a late night snack.
Browns Mills Is a very nice town to live near, I live on the outskirts but I have to say anytime I need anything I know I can go into town and find whatever I need. I love the Town Of Browns Mills, and I will always be happy here because I am a big part of our community.
[center]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/three_bees/Pictures/P1010072.jpg (broken link)[/center]
I will be taking some photos of the town if your interested let me know I will send them to you.

Dennis
Dude, I would post the pictures of town but not of myself (if that is you) there are some people in this forum that hate jersey and might draw and quarter you on site! Kind of a guilty by association thing. I agree with you though. You should stick up for where you want to live, it's you choice.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:13 AM

202 posts, read 992,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Dude, I would post the pictures of town but not of myself (if that is you) there are some people in this forum that hate jersey and might draw and quarter you on site!
I don't think there are that many people who hate the State of NJ; I get the feeling many people love living here. However, there are many people here who hate the inflated house prices, inflated property taxes and the inflated health and car insurance premiums.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:25 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
Default I think...

it would be much easier to list the really good towns in Joisey. There are just too many crappy ones to list.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:32 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
it would be much easier to list the really good towns in Joisey. There are just too many crappy ones to list.
What an idiotic statement. Are you telling people that there are more bad towns than good in New Jersey. There are 566 townships in this state. Can you name 284 that are bad. Please!

Old 11-08-2006, 11:06 AM

202 posts, read 992,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
What an idiotic statement. Are you telling people that there are more bad towns than good in New Jersey. There are 566 townships in this state. Can you name 284 that are bad. Please!
He's just trolling. This joker (mrkool) doesn't live in NJ, check out his post history.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:54 PM

7 posts, read 35,072 times
Default New Jersey is very underrated

To quote a cheesy song, "I've been to many places seen pictures of the rest, but of all the places I can think of I like Jersey Best."

Although many of the cities in New Jersey are filled with crime, most of the state does not live in those cities. I should also note that many of the cities are up and coming; the Newport/Pavonia section of Jersey City is beautiful and was built basically in the last 10 years.

Anyway though, there are a lot of misconceptions about New Jersey. It is not all industrial and disgusting like Exit 14 on the turnpike (although that section does help the economy a great deal). I went to college in Atlanta and couldn't even believe how people from places as underwhelming as Columbia, SC would make fun of New Jersey.

Most of the state is beautiful and has a lot of character. I went to school in Atlanta and believe me you might think of "Gone with the Wind" but 95% of everything in Atlanta is characterless. It is sprawl and strip malls.There's no reason to even go from one suburb to another they are all just the same sprawl. Because New Jersey was settled so early on, many of New Jersey's towns and cities have history, character and historical downtowns. I don't know anywhere that has so much of this other than maybe parts of New England. For such a small state, New Jersey is tremendously varied. Yes there are condos, strip malls, and office buildings, but much more than most places there is a sense of place. There are mountain towns in Sussex such as Vernon, varied Jersey Shore towns such as Spring Lake, Cape May, Stone Harbor, Ocean Grove and Barnegat Lighthouse, quite rugged towns near the pinelands, beautiful horse country areas such as Bernardsville, Bedminster and Far Hills (yes New Jersey has more horses than even Kentucky).

Even most of the Philadelphia and New York suburbs have character. How many suburbs in the nation are as unique architectually as Westfield or or Mountain Lakes or Haddonfield, Princeton or Ridgewood or Summit? I have been from here my entire life and I enjoy just driving up and down the 3 digit county roads and I am amazed at what I always find off the beaten track. Such tremendous varied places and interesting mom and pop businesses. I've driven around other states such as Georgia, Florida, Indiana there is nothing to see off the beaten track in most of those states in comparison.

In New Jersey you are near so much: skiing, the shore, 2 world class cities and most of the state is nice, varied and has a sense of character, I don't see what is so horrible about it other than the high cost of living. Even this though is misleading since salaries are the highest in the nation. If you are a non-believer of how beautiful and varied NJ can be look at these pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/dbeards3

Jason

Last edited by HerkJason; 11-09-2006 at 04:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey