Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 01:23 PM

24 posts, read 87,613 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Need guidance and feed back about the Monroe New Jersey.

I'm working at Manhattan, mom of 4 year toddler. My husband works in North Jersey. We live in Central Jersey and would like to move to Monroe NJ as We like the area and homes are beautiful with low taxes.

Does any one know how is Primrose Community at Monroe? I need some feedback about the commute in reality. What are the option to get in to Manhattan NYC? I heard people take bus from east brunswick so any one can tell me how long does it take from monroe to EB in the between 6-45 to 7 AM in the morning? We discussed with Realtor but not satisfied.

Also How is the Middle and High school system? I have heard lots of Indian and Chinese are moving to this area....is it true? So School system will improve!!

How safe is the area? I would like to meet young family couple with kids as we need some company as well. Would I be able to find some one?

Thanks and appreciate your replies Have a Happy Holidays and Merry X'mas!

Last edited by subiri; 12-21-2010 at 01:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 01:36 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,367,911 times
I hope you've got extended-hour daycare figured for your kid, since you're looking at a +/- 2 hour commute door-to-door.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:37 AM

Yes.... I need to find out abt Private Day care or other choice I heard township is planing full time Kinder Garden...but don't know how soon It will start?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,367,911 times
Full time kindergarten would be roughly 8am to 3pm- you'd still need to cover from around 6-8am and 3-7pm to cover your commutes to and from the office.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:23 AM

96 posts, read 350,424 times
Monroe is a rough commute to Manhattan. I wouldn't want to spend 20 hours each week on a bus or train.

If I had young children and worked in Manhattan, I would be looking for a home in Bergen, Passaic and Hudson counties.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:52 AM

Mike J1968

I am assuming door to door commute will be max 1.40 each way with 20 mintues drive via NJTPK to East Brunswick Park and Ride+1 hour from EB to Manhattan. My office is near by bus stop location....when you said 2+hours then commute will be hell....

What if I leave by 6-30 in the morning?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:04 PM

877 posts, read 2,837,894 times
I grew up in the town next to Monroe (Manalapan) and still am in and out of there all the time. It is very safe and the schools are ranked very high despite the low taxes. I would say try to live as far north or east as possible. There are no bad areas, but there are a lot of senior citizen developments around Forsgate Drive and near exit 8A of the Turnpike. They make up more than 50% of the population. Nothing wrong with that, that is actually why the taxes are low because you have enough old people fighting certain funds. However some of them should not be on the road. I knew someone whose car got totaled after being hit by a senile driver.

Besides that there is a lot of new cookie-cutter development around there and I for one am not too crazy about the latest trends in housing development. If that isn't your thing but you want to be in the same general area then maybe Spotswood might be a better option.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 PM

This homes are near Thomson Park.... Is it North or East?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:39 PM

505 posts, read 2,334,955 times
I've heard good things about Primrose in Monroe...I've been in a few of the homes and the construction seems to be pretty good and the owners had nothing but good things to say. Nice location too as you are not in the middle of no where.

Good Luck!

~Joey

Old 12-22-2010, 01:31 PM

877 posts, read 2,837,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiri View Post
This homes are near Thomson Park.... Is it North or East?
Yeah that is fine, looks sorta near Spotswood-Englishtown Road (CR 613). The senior citizen developments are on the other side of Jamesburg, going toward the Turnpike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey