Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 03:49 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times

Advertisements

Sharpe James was the mayor for quite some time......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 04:27 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Sharpe James was the mayor for quite some time......
I think it was 30 years , hes just like Boston , and Chicago's Mayors.....they'll either die , resign or be arrested but never be beaten. Which is a shame , because cities need to have someone new after 8 years...

Old 12-27-2010, 06:01 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
I completely agree with you. It's just like anything else, you need to learn new ways of handling things after a while because the way that it's currently being done no longer works, is no longer efficient, or has become corrupt.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:21 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,338,616 times
Actually 20 years. But that's still too long.

And why is there a thread on this? This happened last year at the same time in the same sections of the city. This isn't unheard of. How come there's no threads of people being shot in Baltimore, New Orleans, Flint, Detroit, etc.? Do you suburbanites get thrills of kicking cities while they're down? Only in Jersey.

And LOL at the genius comparing this to Juarez.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:46 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
How come there's no threads of people being shot in Baltimore, New Orleans, Flint, Detroit, etc.?
this is the nj forum and i assume you prefer to just ignore whats happening because mentioning it is "kicking cities while they are down." makes sense.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this is the nj forum and i assume you prefer to just ignore whats happening because mentioning it is "kicking cities while they are down." makes sense.
Not ignoring anything; I live right next to it. My point is when things like this happen in say Baltimore, Flint, Oakland, etc. go to their respective forums; you don't see non-residents making threads and whining about it. Like it or not, it's the most bashed city on here by its own state. Cities worse than Newark don't get nearly as much flack by their own states. Gee I wonder why. I'd say what it is but I'd be accused of playing the "card" when I'm not.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Not ignoring anything; I live right next to it. My point is when things like this happen in say Baltimore, Flint, Oakland, etc. go to their respective forums; you don't see non-residents making threads and whining about it. Like it or not, it's the most bashed city on here by its own state. Cities worse than Newark don't get nearly as much flack by their own states. Gee I wonder why. I'd say what it is but I'd be accused of playing the "card" when I'm not.
i dont know that other forums dont bash their cities. however, i believe many of those other cities have large minority populations also so if you want to play that card id guess you would be saying new jersey residents are especially racist.

it is a terrible place though so id say if people dont bash it then they are being fools. it deserves bashing.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont know that other forums dont bash their cities.
Not saying they don't. But it's not as much as it is on here. And you don't hear non-residents making threads on it that's has nothing to do with them and where they live(even if they do, it's rare).

Again, there are places worse than Newark, yet where are the crime threads on Flint, Oakland, RIchmond, and so on?

Old 12-27-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Again, there are places worse than Newark, yet where are the crime threads on Flint, Oakland, RIchmond, and so on?
does it make any sense to ask that question here? the only sub forum i visit here in the new jersey forum and id guess thats the same for most people here so we dont have any idea what people in other forums bash.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:22 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Hes right , theres virtually no bashing of Detriot , St. Louis , Baltimore , DC , Philly , Miami on there boards or in RL to a certain extent. Yet in NJ and CT on the CD boards / RL theres alot of bashing. TBH , i don't understand it , why bash the city , your hurting the ppl and by reinforcing stereotypes your chasing away investors. Which in the long run , will make Newark and other NJ cities suck more of $$$ form the Suburbs. Bashing the cities makes you appear very immature and to me it seems you have way to much free time on your hands.....go spend it doing something useful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey