U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:13 AM

11,798 posts, read 8,750,913 times
christie couldn't have flown back...all our airports grinded to a halt. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 AM

336 posts, read 910,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
My point IS they BOTH shouldn't be out of state at the same time. The state constitution READS the gov. or lt. gov. cannot give executive orders from out of state SO my argument IS they both shouldn't BE OUT OF STATE AT THE SAME TIME. It's simple. What a lack of command. People on here will defend the governor no matter what. It's amazing.

I with you on this. When I was working my boss & the 1st person under him could not go on vacation at the same time. Hell, even an admin. asst. could not take vacation when another admin. was on vacation. I guess times are changing in the working world.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,766,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0706772 View Post
I with you on this. When I was working my boss & the 1st person under him could not go on vacation at the same time. Hell, even an admin. asst. could not take vacation when another admin. was on vacation. I guess times are changing in the working world.

I also do not fault Christie for going on vacation at all. What I do blame on him is do him and the Lt. Gov have to go on vacation at the same time? The position was "created" for these situations. Are you telling me they couldnt come up with a plan to go on vacations at different times? Do they not know each others schedules? What harm would it have been for Kim to go next week? If these type of situations were going to happen why ever come up with the Lt. gov post?
I am sure this will never ever happen again. They might not claim any wrong doing but I am 100% sure this will never happen again. Which is a good thing.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:46 AM

13,569 posts, read 16,502,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
christie couldn't have flown back...all our airports grinded to a halt. lol
That was actually talked about on the radio. They surmised that he probably could have flown into an airport in PA and gotten to NJ via car or helicopter. I'm sure the Governor could find a way to do it...but then everyone would be bitching about how much money it cost to fly Christie home just so he could ride in a plow and look all leader-like.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 AM

558 posts, read 731,640 times
This whole thread sounds like much to do about nothing.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
That was actually talked about on the radio. They surmised that he probably could have flown into an airport in PA and gotten to NJ via car or helicopter. I'm sure the Governor could find a way to do it...but then everyone would be bitching about how much money it cost to fly Christie home just so he could ride in a plow and look all leader-like.
i think PHL and Allentown were both backlogged as well. Maybe Avoca. but yeah, it woulda been quite a lot of effort and money just to get back to be a PR guy.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:20 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,766,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
This whole thread sounds like much to do about nothing.
Just has a lot to do with creating a Lt. Gov that we really didnt need. Especially if they plan on taking vacations at the same time. Of course the Christie lovers could never see something wrong with him. I am rather neutral on the guy so I am giving my fair opinion.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:41 PM

12,336 posts, read 13,316,439 times
Isn't there a rule preventing both governors form being out of the state on vacation at the same time?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Just has a lot to do with creating a Lt. Gov that we really didnt need. Especially if they plan on taking vacations at the same time. Of course the Christie lovers could never see something wrong with him. I am rather neutral on the guy so I am giving my fair opinion.
i am not a huge fan of Christie.

as i understand it, Lt Governor exists primarily to fix the issue that existed in the past where if the Gov (the only state-wide elected official) were to go caput, the president of the senate would become governor, but still retains the presidency of the senate. that's too much power for one individual to have at the state government level. even though it rarely happens.

also - i believe the voters chose this. no?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:49 PM

3,570 posts, read 5,388,641 times
They HAVE to take vacation at the same time. How else could anyone take a picture of Christie without Guadagnatakivska standing behind him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey