U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 12-29-2010, 10:13 AM
 
Location: West Orange, NJ
11,673 posts, read 8,293,027 times
Reputation: 3142
christie couldn't have flown back...all our airports grinded to a halt. lol
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 AM
 
336 posts, read 896,198 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
My point IS they BOTH shouldn't be out of state at the same time. The state constitution READS the gov. or lt. gov. cannot give executive orders from out of state SO my argument IS they both shouldn't BE OUT OF STATE AT THE SAME TIME. It's simple. What a lack of command. People on here will defend the governor no matter what. It's amazing.

I with you on this. When I was working my boss & the 1st person under him could not go on vacation at the same time. Hell, even an admin. asst. could not take vacation when another admin. was on vacation. I guess times are changing in the working world.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 AM
 
1,835 posts, read 1,714,696 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0706772 View Post
I with you on this. When I was working my boss & the 1st person under him could not go on vacation at the same time. Hell, even an admin. asst. could not take vacation when another admin. was on vacation. I guess times are changing in the working world.

I also do not fault Christie for going on vacation at all. What I do blame on him is do him and the Lt. Gov have to go on vacation at the same time? The position was "created" for these situations. Are you telling me they couldnt come up with a plan to go on vacations at different times? Do they not know each others schedules? What harm would it have been for Kim to go next week? If these type of situations were going to happen why ever come up with the Lt. gov post?
I am sure this will never ever happen again. They might not claim any wrong doing but I am 100% sure this will never happen again. Which is a good thing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 11:46 AM
 
13,569 posts, read 15,669,595 times
Reputation: 11592
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
christie couldn't have flown back...all our airports grinded to a halt. lol
That was actually talked about on the radio. They surmised that he probably could have flown into an airport in PA and gotten to NJ via car or helicopter. I'm sure the Governor could find a way to do it...but then everyone would be bitching about how much money it cost to fly Christie home just so he could ride in a plow and look all leader-like.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
 
556 posts, read 704,834 times
Reputation: 580
This whole thread sounds like much to do about nothing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 12:05 PM
 
Location: West Orange, NJ
11,673 posts, read 8,293,027 times
Reputation: 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
That was actually talked about on the radio. They surmised that he probably could have flown into an airport in PA and gotten to NJ via car or helicopter. I'm sure the Governor could find a way to do it...but then everyone would be bitching about how much money it cost to fly Christie home just so he could ride in a plow and look all leader-like.
i think PHL and Allentown were both backlogged as well. Maybe Avoca. but yeah, it woulda been quite a lot of effort and money just to get back to be a PR guy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
 
1,835 posts, read 1,714,696 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
This whole thread sounds like much to do about nothing.
Just has a lot to do with creating a Lt. Gov that we really didnt need. Especially if they plan on taking vacations at the same time. Of course the Christie lovers could never see something wrong with him. I am rather neutral on the guy so I am giving my fair opinion.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 01:41 PM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,329 posts, read 12,810,419 times
Reputation: 4232
Isn't there a rule preventing both governors form being out of the state on vacation at the same time?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 01:48 PM
 
Location: West Orange, NJ
11,673 posts, read 8,293,027 times
Reputation: 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Just has a lot to do with creating a Lt. Gov that we really didnt need. Especially if they plan on taking vacations at the same time. Of course the Christie lovers could never see something wrong with him. I am rather neutral on the guy so I am giving my fair opinion.
i am not a huge fan of Christie.

as i understand it, Lt Governor exists primarily to fix the issue that existed in the past where if the Gov (the only state-wide elected official) were to go caput, the president of the senate would become governor, but still retains the presidency of the senate. that's too much power for one individual to have at the state government level. even though it rarely happens.

also - i believe the voters chose this. no?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 01:49 PM
 
Location: NJ & NV
3,478 posts, read 5,114,188 times
Reputation: 1064
They HAVE to take vacation at the same time. How else could anyone take a picture of Christie without Guadagnatakivska standing behind him?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top