Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 05:23 AM

83 posts, read 224,787 times

Advertisements

What about Secaucus or Rutherford????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 05:53 AM

2,050 posts, read 5,943,292 times
Perhaps live in Bloomfield, Clifton or Montclair? On weekends and in the evenings it's an easy bus or train ride to Hoboken or into the city for the night life. Congratulations on the job!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:02 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allword View Post
Thanks. 2hrs just seem too much to me. I assume hoboken is the same thing. That will rule out these two towns for me. Any suggestion for other towns that are still close to the city that's safe but traffic to Clifton is better? How about Fort Lee or Edgewater? I work in Roche
Edgewater's better than Ft. Lee for commuting to Clifton.

As someone suggested, you would save a lot of $ living in Rutherford, Nutley or Clifton...if saving $ is important to you. Hoboken's fun but also too crowded and much more expensive. Horrible parking if you have a car and your apt. doesn't have free parking

Old 01-01-2011, 10:39 AM

912 posts, read 2,446,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon113 View Post
I consider an hour commute acceptable.
I would consider an hour commute acceptable at highway speed, if that was the distance I lived from my workplace. I couldn't handle an hour commute because of bumper-to-bumper traffic and delays. Would drive me outta my mind!

Call me crazy but though it's the same amount of time one would be OK and one would drive me nuts.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:39 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,772,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allword View Post
Thanks all. I was going in and out of Jersey city yesterday (30th) from around 3 to 7pm, and was appalled by the traffic. It took me 1.5hr to get in and 1hr to get out. Was that just a bad day because of the end of the year or was that a bad time frame? Any suggestion for particular time frame to avoid?

Did you look out your window and notice all of that white stuff out there? It is usually not that bad. Lots of roads around there still have lanes blocked. Going from 3 to 2 to 2 to 1 lanes causes HUGE problems.

Took me 1.5 hours to get from JC to North Bergen. Usually only 35-40 minutes (even during rush hour)

Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
hoboken to clifton won't take you more than 45-60 minutes unless something goes horribly wrong. also, if you leave early enough, getting out of hoboken isn't that tough. getting back in, you're always gonna hit a backup at the tunnels.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:38 PM

912 posts, read 2,446,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
hoboken to clifton won't take you more than 45-60 minutes unless something goes horribly wrong. also, if you leave early enough, getting out of hoboken isn't that tough. getting back in, you're always gonna hit a backup at the tunnels.
Judging from radio traffic reports, it seems like this happens every morning in that area, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey