Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM

120 posts, read 195,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
Wow you and I oughta go get a beer or something before you leave. The paragraph about feminism you took right out of my mouth, I've been saying that for years.
Yea man for sure. Good to see someone else understands. Yea it didnt sink it to me until a couple of months ago, after endless experiences with women here, and other places. Its all started to click. Captin thinks he is hot stuff because he got lucky with a good wife and a good family, so its hard for him to understand from someone elses POV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast8 View Post
Its possible, but he may not be my type....
thats true. he may not be good looking enough for you. he may even be a fatty for all we know.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:39 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Quote:
People suck ( some are bipolar ), j
Jobs suck,
COL is terrible,
Dating scene sucks
Unless you like going to bars and clubs all the time, there isnt much to do here.
Right. It's not you, it's them. Don't let the door hit you on the way back to CA. We will be sad. We need all the losers we can get in the state.
Quote:

You walk into a bar, there are 30 guys and like 10 girls
Then I would suggest you stop frequenting gay bars.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:06 AM

379 posts, read 512,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
Wow you and I oughta go get a beer or something before you leave. The paragraph about feminism you took right out of my mouth, I've been saying that for years.
Count me in too. I feel the exact same way.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Right. It's not you, it's them. Don't let the door hit you on the way back to CA. We will be sad. We need all the losers we can get in the state.

Lol, didnt notice any gay bars since I have been here, no wonder guys kept hitting on me in these dam bars. Thanks for bringing us the news live from NH.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
Count me in too. I feel the exact same way.
Well Captin it looks like we will have a 3 way. 3 bitter guys tired of selfish, me first american women. How about that huh?

Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post

And its funny that you complain that its me, yea...right. So the others, including the ones on this site, that feel the same way I do its there fault too right? Yea, definately nothing wrong with the people here, its just us. My bad.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:49 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
it is absolutely *shocking* to me that you guys can't find any nice women. really.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:25 PM

834 posts, read 2,278,428 times
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. It sucks to live someplace and not fit in. I know because I'm originally from NJ and felt that way all my years living in the south.

I'm a woman btw, and I agree with you, however, you need to define what you are saying a little more. An entire state cannot be all good or all bad. It's regions within the state.

NJ women are NOT like you are saying they are. Many women in Bergen county are. All of them? No. A lot of them? Yes!
I have always felt that women have the upper hand in NJ while men had the upper hand in the south. It was SO hard dating in the south because rarely did you come across a guy who had his sh*t together. I'm not talking rich. I'm talking someone who had a decent car, a decent place to live, wasn't needing rides from friends because of DUIs (you have no idea how common this was), had a decent job with somewhat of a future. When I did come across a guy like this, he had his pick of women like a kid in a candy store.

To say women in NJ are more dominant is leaving out a huge part of the equation, Italian women. My best friend for the past 25 years is 100% Italian and I have literally dozens of Italian friends. If I'm with 4 or 5 at once, I'm a total wallflower and they rag on me (lovingly) about it. They will be the first to tell you that this is how they are. It's a cultural as well as regional thing. Just because they don't express themselves like me or they have a different relationship with their husband doesn't make me right or them wrong. I love them for who they are. I can see how they could intimidate the hell out of a man though. My husband and I are not yellers. I guess we are WASPy in that way. My friends and their husbands can sit there and yell and curse at each other and then be kissing 5 minutes later. I can't imagine being that way, BUT that doesn't make them wrong, weird, or horrible people. It's how they are and it works for them.
Another HUGE part of your assessment you are forgetting is that the whole crazy, nutty, rushed, rat race, materialism goes hand in hand with living near a big city. And being in Bergen county my friend, you are near the biggest city of them all. Go searching on this board for ANY other large city and you will find the same complaints over and over. It is not a NJ thing. It's a major metro area thing. DC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, etc.

This is where the expression, "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch" comes in. I don't know why you chose Bergen county, but just from what you've written, I could tell it is not the place for you. You may not be in the wrong state but you are definitely in the wrong county. You either love the rat race or you hate it. My husband LOVES it. He loves the energy of it. He hated living in laid back places. For me, give me a job in a quiet suburb.

So anyway, rather than keep moving back and forth between coasts, why not try to find something in either Monmouth county or further south Jersey? Totally different feel. Would you be happy living in Los Angeles and driving the LA freeway everyday bumper to bumper? Probably not. Well, you managed to find the LA of the east coast and no wonder you aren't happy. Get away from the NYC metro area and I think you'll do better, women wise, as well as quality of life wise.

Just keep in the mind the expression, the one thing all of your relationships have in common is you. Best of luck.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:09 PM

5 posts, read 6,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
oh its on like donkey kong!!!!

whats good about new jersey? i dont have to pump my own gas. but more realistically, its positives and negatives are similar to any other state. its what you make of it. the state doesnt make my life great. my family and friends do and that would be the case no matter where i live. but im very comfortable in my town and feel all the things i need are very convenient for me.

No... NJ sucks, I've been here 12 years and it is an absolute nightmare. The people are indeed shady, the girls are mentally unstable and tramps, and the quality of life is an abomination. Extremely pricey even in ghettos, job prospects are extremely low. And the self entitlement that they all feel is just absurd, you're living in New Jersey... the most rancid state in the country outside of Michigan.

I love how you defend NJ with "i dont have to pump my own gas", because its complete bull**** of an answer.

I'll try to answer the OP...

Good about New Jersey....depending on where you live you're either close or far from NYC. uhm 6 flags great adventure if you're into that kinda thing.

Bad about New Jersey... people, finances, jobs, rent prices, every 5 feet is another municipality or town or city with cops harassing people to increase their revenue for the place they're employed by, the smell, incompetent leadership, people with self entitlement issues such as CaptainNJ, toll roads, dirty alcohol infested shores, whores all over atlantic city, shootings non stop in newark and other ghettos of NNJ / Camden and I could go on and on.

Luckily for me once I finish my schooling I can finally leave with no regrets or concern for my family, I just feel bad for all the others who are stuck here. Good luck to the OP on their move back to Cali.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey